Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with an average of 93,000 employees in more than 70 countries. The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) Joint Venture invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the 2021 cycle of Sabbatical and Postgraduate Research Internship.
The postgraduate research Internship provides opportunities for Nigerian Postgraduate students (MSc., M.Phil. and PhD) to gain industry-related work experience and carry out topical research within The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Ltd. (SPDC).
Duration: 6-12 Months (Non-renewable)
Teams / Disciplines:
- Environment: Impact Assessment and Environmental Compliance Monitoring
- Occupational Health: Health Promotion; and Epidemiology/ Statistics.
- Oil Spill Response: Eco-friendly Bioremediation (Non-intrusive, In-situ).
Shell Nigeria Postgraduate Internship Application Guide
- Applicants should have a valid email and phone number.
- Applicants are expected to submit the following in the online form:
A summary of how the candidate intends to add value to the SCiN business during the 12 months sabbatical (400 words maximum).
Personal and educational details.
Relevant Work Experience
Maximum of three (3) referees
Application letter stating team/discipline of interest.
Research Proposal including Study background, technical objectives, /methodology/data required, and the expected outcome (1300 words maximum).
- Application is free and only possible online through the link above. No application by email would be accepted.
- Applicants for the Sabbatical position must have relevant teaching and practical experience in indicated disciplines.
- Applicants for Research Internship must be a Nigerian student currently enrolled in a postgraduate degree programme.
- Multiple applications will attract a disqualification penalty.
- Only Shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
- No upload of a document is required, relevant documents would be requested from shortlisted candidates.
Shell Nigeria Postgraduate Internship Deadline
Submission of applications closes on 22nd September 2020.