Page loading... Please wait!

How to apply for JAMB change of course and institution

Let me quickly answer this question about the closing date of JAMB change of course or institutions. Change of course or change of institutions has no closing date. This exercise continues until admission ends for a particular school.

This was confirmed by the authorities of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board when queried about the closing date for data correction. Mr Benjamin, JAMB’s Head of Public Relations in the interview had said the following:

“It is a continuous exercise and we do not intend to close the procedure; it will only close after admission has been concluded.

“This is so because there are moments whereby candidates who chose particular institution will not have an opportunity there and another institution will want to offer them admission.
“If closed it will be difficult to access such offer, all candidates need to do is go back to the portal and make changes to those institutions and access available opportunities.
“We want to avoid a situation whereby candidates will have multiple admission and will take one and be denied that opportunity.
“When we do that statistics will be strengthened; if candidates choose the University of Lagos and later consider YabaTech the statistic will reflect the second choice.
“So that when we are giving an account of admission of the candidate, we will be able to provide accurate statistic and not distorted data we have been dishing out before.”
In light of this, JAMB change of course and institution portal 2018 will remain open until the end of admission exercise. To clarify, you can still make those changes as there’s technically no closing date. When admission ends, you can’t even get admission into any school, let alone change from one to another.

Reasons for change for JAMB change of course and change of institutions

80% of questions I get on Fatherprada’s blog are usually of those concerned with subject combinations. What they can study with it without a particular course.

  • For commercial students, they ask which course they can study without Economics.
  • For Art student, they ask which course they can study without Literature in English language.
  • For science student, they ask which course they can study without Chemistry or Physics.

Many students and possibly schools are not guided before they register for WAEC. It is expected that a student knows the correct subject combination for a course before embarking on WAEC registration. If a student eventually succeeded in getting admission, he or she will be screened out during the departmental screening.

Moreover, most students go for a change of institution because they could not meet up the University of their choice cut-off mark. Another reason a student will opt in for a change, of course, is failed core subjects. If you’re here because you failed a subject, then you’re in the right place. Because I have designed a database containing 700 courses with matching O level results.

Meaning, you submit only those result where you have at least a credit and Fatherprada’s Panda search Panda will scan for courses that match your result.

For example…

  • You wrote 9 subjects in your WAEC or NECO and you passed only 5 subjects.
  • You head over to Fatherprada’s Panda search and submit those result.
  • Fatherprada’s Panda search will perform a scan and show you courses you can study with the results you have.
  • You can use result from two results ( combinations of o level)

12 Steps for JAMB change of course and institutions.

  • The first step, search for a course that you can study with your current O Level result Fatherprada’s Panda search
  • Next, you create a profile via the Sign Up (New User) Page if you are a new user. For existing users, simply type in your login details. To create your profile, you will provide your valid email address, surname, first name, Mobile No, State and LGA of Origin and password, then click on the Sign-Up button. Each candidate is entitled to only one profile.
  • Next, use your email address and password to sign in here
  • Next, Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services.
  • Next, Select “Correction of Data”. This is available on the sidebar or on the Home page
  • Next, once selected, the menu item “Course/Institution” will be revealed. Click on it.
  • Next, once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service. This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.
  • Next, Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font. The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction. A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
  • Next, Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your card immediately. If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank or Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required. On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following:
    a. Year of Exam and
    b. JAMB Registration Number
  • Next, After entering the information correctly, new options for Preferred course/Institution and second choices will appear. Options available will be based on availability.
  • Next, Click Submit to complete your application.
  • JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested.


Where Can I Change my Course/Institution in 2022

  • Going to a cyber café means you will pay a fee (service charge). I will advise you to go if you don’t know much about the computer or how to use the internet.
  • If you know how to use the internet very well, you can change your course/institution on JAMB portal anywhere using your mobile phone or laptop.


My JAMB Change of course/Institution in 2022 is not reflecting 

According to JAMB, all candidates that have made changes (change of institution/course) and it has not been reflected should kindly be patient. A comprehensive list would be sent to all Institutions soon.

If you are interested in fully paid scholarships to study abroad click here.
Meanwhile, thanks for reading 12 Steps for JAMB change course and Institution. If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it using the buttons below. You can scroll down to see more articles that will interest you.

Looking for something? Use the search box below.

19 thoughts on “12 Steps for JAMB change course and Institution”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.