Commercial Real estate remains one of the largest contributors to the gross domestic product in countries across the world. Commercial real estate is a property that is used exclusively for business-related purposes or to provide a workspace rather than as a living space. Commercial Real Estates are leased to tenants to conduct income-generating activities.
To be successful in commercial real estate, educating oneself is paramount. Advance your career in commercial real estate by gaining a deeper understanding of some of the most important areas of the sector. Study practical examples and case studies, and learn from experienced industry professionals
Most people who choose Commercial Real Estate Courses Online tend to have other commitments and prefer this mode of learning as it gives them power over how they will delegate their time towards their different projects.
Thus, online courses on Commercial Real Estate gives you the freedom to juggle your careers and learning because you aren’t tied down to a fixed schedule. In a traditional classroom setting, class meeting times are set, you have no power over timing and location, forcing you to work with fixed schedules.
Commercial Real Estate Courses Online Requirements
- Internet access
- Speakers or headphones.
- For browsers, Google Chrome is more robust. Microsoft Edge or Mozilla Firefox can work.
This is the list of Commercial Real Estate Courses Online
- Commercial Real Estate Brokerage
- Listing and Selling Commercial Real Estate
- Leasing Commercial Real Estate
- Marketing Commercial Real Estate
- Financing Commercial Real Estate
- Valuing Commercial Real Estate
- Accounting & Taxation of Commercial Real Estate
- Property Analysis of Commercial Real Estate
- Commercial Real Estate Contracts & Forms
- Managing Commercial Real Estate
- Investment Analysis of Commercial Real Estate
- Investing in Real Estate Using Self-Directed Retirement Accounts
- Structuring Ownership in Commercial Real Estate
This list above is not universal. Institutions offering commercial real estate online have their own course setup. However, 90% of the courses listed here are covered by most schools. Please note that the courses listed above have various subjects/topics under them.
Leasing Commercial Real Estate
- Basic types and terminology of commercial transactions
- Differences between commercial and residential real estate practices
- Types of commercial leases
- Fair Housing laws and how they apply in commercial real estate
- Leasing vs. Subleasing – definitions and the advantages/disadvantages of each
- Issues regarding “location” and client needs
- Working with commercial tenants & identifying their “real” needs
- The features of commercial space – building features, hours of operation, elevators, availability of water, storage, traffic, etc.
- Classes of Commercial Buildings – A, B, C & F buildings
- How commercial space is measured; “loss factors” – rentable vs. useable space.
- Additional costs – “Pass-throughs,” electric, taxes & utilities
- Commercial rent escalations & lease renewals
- The process of finding & researching commercial space
- The anatomy of a business leasing transaction
- Commercial leasing case studies
- Preparing, submitting & negotiating a commercial offer
- Financial information / Landlord location visits
Building Investment Sales & Purchases
- Basic overview of sales and purchases
- Types of Investment Properties
- Reasons people buy and sell buildings
- Flip transactions
- Issues in property location and buying strategies
- Finding Buildings for Sale
- Viewing and Inspection Issues
- Financial Analyses – Measurement of value and financial performance
- Computation of accurate revenues, expenses and net income
- Capitalization rates, gross rent multipliers
- Debt service coverage, break-even ratios, “cash-on-cash”
- Comparables – neighbourhood and building analysis
- Mortgage Assumability and financial considerations
- Distressed properties; Foreclosed properties
- A purchase or sale offering and what it contains
- The broker’s role in closing the transaction
- Post-closing Exit Strategies
- Case studies and analyses