For a while, I have been receiving this query from students – Universities that does not offer Post UTME. This literally means many students are curious to know if there are universities that do not write Post UTME Exam/test. I made a diligent search and I discovered that there are indeed some universities in Nigeria that does not offer post UTME exam/test.
It is true that POST UTME is the nemesis of many students. There are students who did well in JAMB UTME but their POST UTME score became a detriment to successful university admission.
So which universities, and if they do not offer Post UTME, how do they admit students after JAMB? If the question interests you, then take time to read through this page.
The following universities does not offer Post UTME:
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU)
- Adamawa State University (ADSU)
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko Ondo State (AAUA)
- Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, (AE-FUNAI)
- Ambrose Alli University (AAU)
- Benue State University (BSU)
- Borno State University (BOSU)
- Cross River State University of Technology (CRUTECH)
- Ebonyi State University (EBSU)
- Ekiti State University (EKSU) and Affiliates e.g EKSU Ila Campus no
- Federal University Gashua (FUGASHUA)
- Federal University Kashere (FUKashere)
- Federal University Lafia (FULAFIA)
- Federal University of Oye Ekiti (FUOYE)
- Federal University, Wukari (FUWUKARI)
- Gombe State University (GSU)
- Kaduna State University (KASU)
- Kwara State University (KWASU)
- Lagos State University (LASU)
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike (MOUAU)
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology (MAUTECH)
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi (NSUK)
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology, Okitipupa
- Osun State University, Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Taraba State University, (TASU)
- Umaru Musa Yar’dua (UMYU)
- University Of Uyo (UNIUYO)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto (UDUSOK)
- Yobe State University (YSU)
As stated early, instead of the POST UTME exam, these universities have opt-in for screening only which can be online or offline. However, from the investigation, you will still be required to pay a certain amount of money (N2000) for Post UTME Screening Form. Remember, you are only purchasing the screening form so that you can submit your JAMB and O level detail.
This is how universities that do not offer POST UTME exams/tests will give you admission.
- The university will announce the sales of their POST UTME screening form and requires all admission seekers to obtain the online forms and filling their JAMB and O’level results.
- After the completion of online registration, you are required to print the acknowledgement/Screening Registration Slip.
- After this, you must wait patiently for the university to update the portal when their screening results are released. The results will be based on the calculation of points derived from the UTME score and O’level grades of 5 required subjects for an applicant’s proposed course.
- The calculation method is not made public. Hence, you may not know how they arrive at the final screening score.
- After this, you will wait for the university to release the first admission list, followed by the second and later by a supplementary list.
- You should be checking for your admission status on the JAMB portal through CAPS before the university finally uploads lists on the school portal.
Please take note that this status may change at times. I mean, the listed universities may decide to start engaging students in POST UTME examination. If you know any other universities in Nigeria that does not offer POST UTME, please tell me through the comment and if any of the above universities write POST UTME, please notify me using the comment section.