The page contains Delta State University (Delsu) Abraka cut off mark and Admission Requirements for 2020/2021 sessions
This page is for those who have written JAMB and have seen their scores. Now they want to know if their JAMB score meets the cut-off mark of Delta State University (Delsu) Abraka.
The second category of people who should visit this page is those who want to know the admission requirements that is how to gain admission into Delta State University (Delsu) Abraka and the required documents for admission.
If you’re yet to write JAMB and you are here looking for JAMB cut off marks for Delsu, that is a bad way to failure….. I personally will not recommend that you read this page. But if you’re seeking for admission requirements that’s nice. You can read on how to pass JAMB here
Checking cut-off Delsu before you write JAMB will limit your mindset towards aiming high. Assuming Delsu cut off mark is 180, your mind will juggle to score above 180. But If you don’t have that mindset of checking Delsu cut-off, your mind will aim higher because you really don’t know what you are up against
Sometimes war is better than peace. To ignore and ignorance are not the same.
In summary, this page covers:
- Delsu JAMB Cut-off mark including Departmental cutoff marks
- Admission requirements into Delsu
- Documents required for admission into Delsu.
What is Delta State University (Delsu) Abraka cut-off mark 2020?
Permit me to quickly explain what cut off mark is and why Universities in Nigeria use it as a yardstick for admission.
Cut off mark is a simple English word which means a designated limit beyond which something cannot function or must be terminated. Delsu JAMB UTME Cut off mark is the required score from you by the university in order to gain admission to study your desired score. Those who sit for JAMB are called UTME candidates. This simple means JAMB is not the only way for you to gain admission into Delsu.
While JAMB has the power to set cut off marks for universities, though some schools may have an understanding with JAMB to increase or decrease their cut off marks due to personal school policy. Mind you, Post UTME score is not the same with JAMB UTME score. You may pass JAMB and fail POST UTME.
Delta State University (Delsu) Abraka, JAMB UTME cut off mark is 180 and may change depending on school policy. This cut off is only applicable to some departmental courses in Delsu as some may require you to score above 200 e.g Pharmacy. Most often, competitive courses are usually the ones with higher JAMB cut off marks in other to reduce the entrance and overcrowd while the non-competitive courses follow the default cut off mark
How to gain admission to study Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
To gain admission in Delsu, you have the choice to choose your mode of entry. Delta State University (Delsu) offers admission through a range of programmes from the full-time certificate, predegree, diploma and degree programmes to part-time evening and weekend degree programmes. The University offers postgraduate studies up to a doctoral level.
The Delta State University, Abraka – popularly known as DELSU – is a State government owned university in Nigeria with the main campus located at Abraka, Delta State and two campuses at Asaba and Oleh.
The University is a multiple-campus university having three campuses within a distance of about 200 km apart. Campus 1 and Campus 2 are located at the heart of Abraka and close to the main market. Campus 3 which is the biggest is located along obiaruku road. If you wish to gain admission into Delta State University (delsu), you must know the campus where your faculty reside. For now, Delsu has 11 faculties located within 3 campuses.
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Sciences
- Faculty of the Social Sciences
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- College of Basic Medical Sciences
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- Faculty of Environmental Studies
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Engineering
These are the requirements to gain admission into Delta State University (Delsu) Abraka:
- You must possess credit passes in five (5) relevant subjects at the Ordinary Level or its equivalent at not more than two sittings. The subjects should include English Language and Mathematics for all courses
- You must be 16 years of age and above at the time of admission.
- If you are seeking admission through direct entry, you should possess five credit passes, two at Advanced Level and three at O/L including English Language provided the subjects at both levels are not counted twice.
- At least merit passes in the two major teaching subjects at the NCE with passes at credit level in three other subjects at the ordinary level or its equivalent, including English Language and Mathematics. Education shall be counted as a subject required for matriculation in case of candidates applying for admission into the Faculty of Education onlyMore details here
These are the required screening documents to gain admission into delsu
- O level or A level certificate
- Birth certificate
- Local Government Certificate
- Admission letter
- Acceptance receipt
- Personal data form
- More details here
Delta State University (delsu) offers scholarship and bursary. Indigenes also enjoy scholarship from desopadec.
Delta State University (Delsu) School fees:
Each department has its own fees which tend to decrease as you move from 100 level to 400 or 500 level. A non-indigene pays a higher fee than an indigene of the state.
These are the list of courses offered in Delta State University (delsu).
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Science and Education
- Animal Science
- Banking and Finance (Admin)
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Business Management
- Civil Law
- Drama / Dramatic / Performing Arts
- Education and Biology
- Education and Chemistry
- Education and Computer Science
- Education and Economics
- Education and English Language
- Education and Fine and Applied Arts
- Education and French
- Education and Geography / Physics
- Education and History
- Education and Integrated Science
- Education and Mathematics
- Education and Music
- Education and Physics
- Education and Political Science
- Education and Religious Studies
- Education and Social Studies
- Educational Management
- English and Literary Studies
- Fine Art / Fine and Applied Arts
- Forestry and Wild Life
- Geography and Regional Planning
- Guidance and Counselling
- Health Education
- History and International Studies
- Home Economics and Education
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Industrial Chemistry
- Industrial Mathematics
- Library and Information Science
- Library Science
- Linguistics / Urhobo
- Mass Communication
- Medical Biochemistry
- Medicine and Surgery
- Nursery and Primary Education
- Nursing / Nursing Science
- Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Physical and Health Education
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Soil Science
- Technical Education
Need subject combinations for these courses? search here