There are serval things you can do on the JAMB portal but the most frequently used section of portal JAMB is checking of jamb result and checking of admission status though there are other functions.
JAMB Result Checker
JAMB Result checker is a section with JAMB portal where student’s results can be accessed without stress. Unlike before, when students will have to wait for weeks, JAMB result is now released 24 hours after the JAMB examination.
However, there may be a delay if there is a review of some JAMB centre results especially when there is notable exam malpractice. If your result is not available after checking, don’t panic. It will be available in a few hours.
Steps to check JAMB Result Via JAMB Result Checker
- Go to the JAMB Result Checker portal using this link https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/eFacility_/CheckUTMEResults.
- Enter your JAMB/UTME Registration Number in the required column.
- Click on Check My Results
- Wait for the portal to reload with your result.
- The portal will load your result if it’s ready.
JAMB Result Checker Through SMS
You can now check your JAMB result by SMS using the SIM card you used to get your profile code during your JAMB 2021 registration. Here are the procedures on how you can check;
- Open text messages on your phone
- Type UTMERESULT in block letters as a text message
- Type 55019 as the number
- Click send a text message
- Wait for a response from the JAMB result portal
How to Check JAMB Admission Status.
After you have seen your result and successful written POST UTME examination or screening test depending on the university you choose, the next thing is to check your admission status. This is the final indicator. Meaning, admission status will determine if you are qualified to be a student in your school of choice.
It is necessary you check before going ahead to make payment for Admission Letter Printing. JAMB result checker and JAMB admission status is free to access. This means you do not have to pay any money to see your result or check your admission status.
- STEP1: Go to the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) E-facility portal at https://jamb.gov.ng/Efacility
- STEP 2: Login to your Jamb profile with your username and password.
- STEP 3: After successfully logging in, scroll down then locate and click the ‘Check Admission Status‘ tab.
- STEP 4: Select your Exam year and Enter your registration number in the required columns.
- STEP 5: Finally, click on ‘Check Admission Status‘ to access your admission status.
PLEASE NOTE: If you used awaiting results during your registration, you are expected to upload your O’Level result on the JAMB portal so that your institution of choice will be able to process your admission.
Have you been offered admission? If yes, congratulations. Please accept or reject the admission. See JAMB CAPS Portal for Accepting/Rejecting Admission Offer.
Not offered admission yet? Don’t worry. Admission is published in batches.
Quick History of JAMB and JAMB Portal
The statutory body that overarchingly regulates admission policies in tertiary education in Nigeria is the Joint admissions and matriculation Board (JAMB). The body came into being via decree No.2 of 1978 and was later amended by Decree No. 33 of 1989 (under military dispensations 8 in Nigeria when the Armed Forces of the country were in government and ruled by decrees). From the Decrees establishing the Board, the functions of JAMB remain basically those of:
- Conducting entrance examinations into higher institutions in Nigeria;
- Placement of suitably qualified candidates in the tertiary institutions after having taken into account:- The vacancies available in each tertiary institution;
- The guidelines approved for each tertiary institution by its proprietor or other competent authority;
- The preference expressed or otherwise indicated by candidates for certain tertiary institutions and courses; and
- Such other matters as the Board may be directed by the Minister of Education to consider, or the Board itself may consider appropriate in the circumstances;
- Collection and dissemination of information on all matters relating to admissions into tertiary institutions or to any other matter relevant to the discharge of the functions of the board, and
- Carrying out of such other activities as are necessary or expedient for the full discharge of all or any of the functions conferred on it
JAMB was founded to address the issues of multiple applications, multiple examinations and multiple admissions into the universities that existed in the country, prior to its founding. It stands to reason that these multiplicities were inchoate and unreasonable and implied monumental financial outlays for the institutions, great financial burden on parents and national waste in its entirety.
JAMB introduced what was only known as UTME in 2009 but the examination was first conducted in 2010. UTME was introduced to replace UME and MPCME and to serve as the common entrance examination into all tertiary educational institutions in Nigeria, to cater for all the institutions with a single examination.