Last Updated on
University of Lagos (UNILAG), a federal university is officially accredited by the National Universities Commission and located in the urban setting of the metropolis of Lagos. Unilag has branch campuses in the following location(s): Idi-Araba, Yaba.
The quest to know University of Lagos Acceptance Rate is not a wrong move. Do you know why Unilag is called the University of First Choice and the Nations Pride, well that’s because it deserves the name and you should be worried about how to gain admission into this prestigious university
The admission competition is high and coupled with the fact that they have over 79 undergraduate degree courses approved by NUC, gaining admission into UNILAG is never that easy. University of Lagos (UNILAG) offers courses and programs such as pre-bachelor degrees (i.e. certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees), bachelor degrees, master degrees, doctorate degrees in several areas of study.
University of Lagos (UNILAG) rank 2 in Nigeria and with such position, competition among admission seekers and selective admission policy, you should expect that the University of Lagos acceptance rate is rigid. Unilag is like the Havard University of Nigeria.
With over 50,000 admission seeker each year into various degree programmes, University of Lagos Acceptance Rate is pegged between 20 to 22%
One of the reasons why University of Lagos acceptance rate is low is because candidates do not take time to study University of Lagos admission requirement policy, else, gaining admission irrespective of the competitiveness shouldn’t be a thing of concern for serious and determined student.
The University of Lagos also has one of the highest Post-UTME cut off mark in Nigeria with a strict admission requirement. The University of Lagos requires all candidates applying for admission into any of its courses to possess at least five (5) SSCE credit passes in relevant subjects at ONE SITTING including Mathematics and English Language.
One of the reasons why the University of Lagos acceptance rate is low is because candidates do not take time to study University of Lagos admission requirement policy.
Direct Entry Admission requirement in Unilag
- Accepts National Diploma plus UTME requirements for all Direct Entry Admissions.
Holders of the first degree who have completed NYSC programme with first class/second class upper may be accepted for Law or Medical Science programmes.
- Candidates must have the UTME requirements.
- Literature in English Language is not a requirement for graduate candidates seeking direct entry admission into the Faculty of Law.
- For admission into Medicine and Surgery, only degrees in a relevant field will be accepted.
- A’ level passes which must be at a minimum of grade ‘C’ plus the UTME requirements.
Approved Arts Subjects for UNILAG Admission
- Arabic Studies
- C. R. S
- English Language
- Islamic Religious Studies
- Fine arts
- Literature in English
Approved Science Subjects for UNILAG Admission
- Agricultural Science
- Further Mathematics
- Botany Pure Maths/Applied Maths
Approved Commercial Subject (Social Science) for UNILAG Admission
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- Lagos State University Direct Entry
- College of Medicine University of Lagos Undergraduate Courses
- University of Lagos (UNILAG) Part Time Programme and Requirements
- About University of Lagos (UNILAG) Diploma and Courses
- University of Lagos (UNILAG) MBA Program and Courses
- Direct Entry for Nursing in University of Ibadan (UI)
- UNILAG Official UTME Cut-off Mark & Admission Requirement
- About Mass Communication in Unilag
- Does University of Ibadan Accept IJMB?
- Requirements for Admission into Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin