O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Actuarial Science – Under Administration; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
- JAMB officially classified this course under Faculty of Administration.
- Probable Degree type – B.Sc (Hons.) and B.A. (Hons)
The admission requirement to study Actuarial Science – Under Administration in Nigeria Universities includes one or a combination of ‘O’ level results or A-level result if you’re going through Direct Entry. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), where you can work with the degree and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. If you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that may be of benefit to you.
What is O level/WAEC subject combination (requirement) for Actuarial Science?
The subjects needed to study Actuarial Science in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement that is the compulsory WAEC subject combination for Actuarial Science must include:
- English Language
- Economics and any other two relevant subjects.
- A trade subject
For NBC holders, the other two relevant subjects could be from any of Accounting, Principles of Accounts, Commerce, Office Practice and Secretarial Duties
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subject needed) for Actuarial Science?
You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just an advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination (subject to write in jamb) for Actuarial Science include:
- Mathematics If you don’t have credit in Mathematics, Click here fast
- Plus one other subject.
What is Direct Entry requirement (that is the required A-level result you need) to study Actuarial Science?
Two ‘A’ level passes to include English Language and Mathematics
Just a reminder: Everything you have read so far is a general requirement, it is expedient that you also check the special consideration for this course below. If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice.
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for Actuarial Science, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A-level result/certificate. Do you know which Universities in Nigeria offer Actuarial Science?
Before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
See useful guides on how to choose a course and university
List of Nigeria Universities offering Actuarial Science include:
- Crawford University Igbesa
- University of Jos (UNIJOS) Click to read conditions
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Redeemer’s University, Mowe
- Rhema University, Obeama-Asa – Rivers State
- Edwin Clark University, Kaigbodo
Where can I work with a Degree in Actuarial Science?
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Actuarial Science. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read The Act of Getting a Job – so you would know what you’re up against after graduating. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Actuarial Science have been listed above but, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar.
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for Actuarial Science and Insurance
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for Insurance and Actuarial Science
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for Business Administration – Under Administration
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Economics – Under Administration
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Finance – Under Administration
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Insurance – Under Administration
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Marketing – Under Administration
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Mass Communication – Under Administration
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Local Government Administration
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Secretarial Administration