This page contains 2022 official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Business Administration Degree, including the list of Nigeria universities offering this course, A level requirements and much more
|Qualification||B.Sc (Hons.) and B.A. (Hons)|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
|Suitability||Commercial and Art Students|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Related courses||Business Administration related courses|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
Is Business Administration a good course in Nigeria?
Absolutely. Business Administration is one of the oldest degrees in the world with plenty of job roles you can explore. You are not limited to any specific career field. An early career Business Administrator with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of ₦151,000 monthly.
A mid-career Business Administrator with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of ₦350,000 monthly. Salaries can vary drastically among different job positions.
Business Administration is one of the oldest degrees and competitive. This course is popular amongst commercial students in secondary school. From our records, 118 Nigerian universities offer this degree course. So while you are here to get information on the O level subject combination for Business Administration, we also expect you consider the total number of students currently studying Business Administration and the employment rate we will show you below so that you will know what you are up against when you choose to study this course.
We have some student guide articles that will be of benefit to you. You can ignore it.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC Subject Combination For Business Administration
Remember, the requirement you’re about to read is also applicable to all o level examinations. (WAEC, NECO and GCE). We have painstakingly highlighted (in red) the core subjects on which you must obtain credit before you can gain admission. Any subject with blue colour means, a pass is allowed.
If however, you fail one of the core subjects, you should read through each university’s special requirements for this course below to see if there is a university that may accept another subject in lieu of the one you failed. The 9 WAEC/NECO/GCE subject combinations for Business Administration are:
- Civic Education
- Trade Subject
- Any Nigerian Language
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same as the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Business Administration, don’t give up. You should consider other Business Administration similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and university
JAMB subject combination for Business Administration
For this degree, you are also required to register for 4 subjects and English is compulsory. Moreso, your JAMB score in addition to your POST UTME score will determine the cumulative score that the university will use to decide your candidacy for admission.
You should score 190 or above in JAMB to stand a better chance of gaining admission to study Business Administration Degree. You can still gain admission if you score between 170-180 upward but you do not stand a chance with those who had scored higher. Try out JAMB Admission Simulator.
The 4 JAMB subject combination for Business Administration are:
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Business Administration
If you’re one of those seeking admission into the University to further your studies, in addition to the required WAEC subjects combination for Business Administration under faculty of administration, you are expected to have two ‘A’ level passes chosen from Economics, Accounts, Business Management, Government, Geography or Statistics
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
Here is the list of universities offering Business Administration Degree in Nigeria.
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Achievers University, Owo
- Adamawa State University Mubi (ADSU)
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Adeleke University Ede (AUE)
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Ajayi Crowther University, Ibadan (ACU)
- Akwa Ibom State University of Technology, Uyo
- Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Al-Qalam University, Katsina
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Anchor University Ayobo Lagos State
- Arthur Javis University Akpoyubo Cross River State
- Auchi Poly degree
- Augustine University
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- Bells University of Technology, Otta
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Caleb University, Lagos
- Caritas University, Enugu
- Chrisland University
- Christopher University Mowe
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Clifford University Owerrinta Abia State
- Coal City University Enugu State
- Covenant University Ota
- Crawford University Igbesa
- Crescent University
- Crescent University (CUAB)
- Cross River State University of Science &Technology, Calabar (CRUTECH)
- Crown Hill University Eiyenkorin, Kwara State
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Dominican University Ibadan Oyo State
- ECWA Bingham University, New Karu
- Eastern Palm University Ogboko, Imo State
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Edo University Iyamo
- Edwin Clark University, Kaigbodo
- Ekiti State University
- Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Evangel University, Akaeze
- Federal University Birnin Kebbi (FUBK)
- Federal University Gashua, Yobe Umar Suleiman College of Education, Gashua
- Federal University, Dustin-Ma, Katsina (FUDUSOK)
- Federal University, Gusau Zamfara (FUGUS)
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State (FUKASHERE)
- Federal University, Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI)
- Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa (FUOTUOKE)
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State (FUWUKARI)
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuomu-Nike – Enugu State
- Gombe State University, Gombe
- Gregory University, Uturu
- Hallmark University, Ijebi Itele, Ogun
- Hezekiah University, Umudi,
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBU)
- Igbinedion University Okada
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU)
- Kings University Ode Omu (UNIKINGS)
- Kogi State University Anyigba
- Kola Daisi University Ibadan, Oyo State
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
- Kwararafa University, Wukari
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran
- Lead City University, Ibadan
- Legacy University, Okija Anambra State
- Madonna University, Okija
- Mcpherson University, Seriki Sotayo, Ajebo
- Michael Okpara University of Agricultural Umudike
- Micheal & Cecilia Ibru University
- Mountain Top University
- Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK)
- Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- Northwest University Kano (NWU)
- Novena University, Ogume
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu – Osun State
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye,
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Pan-Atlantic University, Lagos
- Paul University, Awka – Anambra State
- Redeemer’s University, Mowe
- Renaissance University, Enugu
- Ritman University, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
- Salem University, Lokoja
- Samuel Adegboyega University Ogwa
- Southwestern University, Oku Owa
- Summit University
- Tansian University, Umunya,
- Taraba State University, Jalingo (TSUJ)
- The American University of Nigeria, Yola (AUN)
- The University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- Umar Musa Yar’ Adua University Katsina (UMYU)
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- University of Mkar, Mkar
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- University of Uyo
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Veritas University, Abuja
- Wellspring University, Evbuobanosa – Edo State.
- Wesley University of Science & Technology, Ondo
- Western Delta University, Oghara Delta State
- Yobe State University, Damaturu
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
You should read this also
- Common Problems Students Face in University
- The Pros and Cons of Living Off-Campus or On-Campus
- How to setup a timetable for study
Business Administration Degree has a 45% admission rate.
Business Administration is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Business Administration is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, Business Administration is under the Faculty of Administration but may be under a different faculty in some universities.
Have you read this?
- How to Deal With Problems Related to Your Studies
- How to Request For Missing Result, Scripts or A Remark
- How to Avoid or Overcome Carry over Courses
Who can study Business Administration?
Can science or art students study Business Administration at the university? By default, this course is meant for commercial students only. But the curriculum of this course allows students with art and science backgrounds to study it as long as they have the right O level subject combination for Business Administration.
This simply means, even though you were a science student in secondary school, you can still qualify to study this course with the right O level subject for Business Administration.
Is Business Administration a Social science or Art subject?
Many students ask this question… If Business Administration is a science, art or social science subject. Right now, I’ll give you a straight answer. The study of Business Administration crosses the boundaries between the social sciences and Art/humanities. In Nigeria for example, Business Administration course is studied under the faculty of Administration. Read more on Social science subjects and art and humanities subjects for better explanations
Business Administration Course Description
The BSc in Business Administration is one of the most established and well-respected management courses. It is believed that only female students major in this course but this degree programme is targeted at students seeking and preparing for a career in business and closely related fields.
A degree in Business Administration provides students wider knowledge in the area of business, both from a theoretical and practical perspective. Students will learn the vital skills that efficient managers require to survive and win in today’s marketplace.
The primary aim of the programme is to produce graduates who can assist organizations more effectively to accomplish their goals and objectives. While you study this course, you will discover a real understanding of business and learn how to become a more effective decision-maker, manager and leader. Completing this degree helps in preparing graduates for positions, both in the private and public sectors
Benefits of studying Business Administration
- The programme aims at exposing the students to the dynamics of management and administration, which will prepare them to work in both the private and public sectors of the economy, understand, exploit and if necessary, change the environment.
- The programme is designed to equip students with the basic knowledge and skill needed for understanding and analysing in relation to the management of a business organization of any type.
- The students are equipped with the knowledge and skills required for identifying and defining problems and making a suitable decision by use of management science tools/techniques.
- The ability to solve management problems scientifically by the use of thorough knowledge of the research process and procedures for investigating issues are acquired by the students through the programme.
Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Business Administration in WAEC. But note this — Some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results.
Special consideration (waiver) for Business Administration
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK) accepts a pass in Economics
- The University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) – As in Banking and Finance.
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)accepts English, Maths and any 3 relevant subjects.
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST) and Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU), University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT) -Same as in Accountancy
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT) does not accept commercial subjects.
- The University of Abuja, Gwagwalada and Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli accept Commerce in lieu of Economics
- The American University of Nigeria, Yola (AUN) same as in Finance
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria requires five SSCE credits including English Language, Economics, Mathematics and any other two subjects
- Plateau State University Bokkos (PLASU) – Same as in Accounting
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba requires two other credit in from Commerce, Accounting, Geography and Government.
- University of Lagos (UNILAG) requires credit in English Language, Mathematics, Economics, and any two of Financial Accounting, Government, Geography, CRS/IRS, Business Management.
Further reading on Business Administration:
- Top Career Opportunities for Business Administration
- Top Courses Related to Business Administration
- List of Courses under Business Administration
- Required documents for admission to Nigeria
- How to gain admission easily to study Business Administration
- How to get scholarship updates to study for free.
- How to obtain a quick student loan