Last Updated on
O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Fisheries 2019/2020; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
|Course||Fisheries under Engineering|
|Qualification||B. Agric. (B.Sc. (Hons.) B. Tech. (Hons.) B. Agric. Tech.) DVM|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
|Cut off mark||varies|
|Related courses||Fisheries related courses|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
You must be a science student to study Fisheries in Nigeria Universities, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level requirement.
That is, the WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers) and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Fisheries
The subjects needed to study Fisheries in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Fisheries must include:
- Biology/Agric Science
- Plus any other Science subject
- A trade subject
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Fisheries
Knowing JAMB subjects for Fisheries is not enough. You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just a piece of advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree.
These are JAMB UTME subject combinations (subjects to write in jamb) to study Fisheries
- Biology/Agricultural Science
- Any other Science subject
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Fisheries
(i) Two ‘A’ level passes in any of Chem, Bio, Botany, Zoology, Agric Sci, Geog, Mathematics, (Pure & applied) Physics, Geology and Economics.
If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with this admission requirement that is the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider other Fisheries similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
These are the list of Universities offering Fisheries in Nigeria
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Cross River State University of Science &Technology, Calabar (CRUTECH)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Kebbi State University, Kebbi
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBU)
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology Okitipupa (OSUSTECH)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY)
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
Cut-off Mark for Fisheries course
The cut-off mark for Fisheries varies. You can check these universities JAMB UTME cut off marks here. Fisheries is a good course and you can also check the top best Agricultural courses. This should not influence you. Follow your heart or seek my counsel.
Fisheries is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Fisheries is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, this course is under Faculty of Agriculture but may be under a different faculty in some universities.
Can a commercial or art student study Fisheries?
No! Fisheries is a pure science course and not suitable for commercial or art student. But if you have required subject combination in your O level result, you can go for it if that is the course you desire to study. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects during WAEC registration because your schools may go against it. The alternative way to write the required subjects combination for Fisheries is through GCE.
Where can I work with a Degree in Fisheries
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Fisheries. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read The Act of Getting a Job – so you would know what you’re up against after graduating. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Fisheries have been listed above but, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar..
Follow Fatherprada on Facebook
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Agricultural Economics
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Wildlife Management – Under Agriculture
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject Combination for Agronomy
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Fisheries Technology
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Crop Production
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject Combinations for Forestry
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Animal Production and Health Services
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Food Science and Technology – Under Agriculture
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Fisheries and Aquaculture – Under Agriculture
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Agric-Economics and Extension