This page contains 2022 WAEC and JAMB subject combinations (admission requirements) to study Home Economics and the list of colleges and universities offering the Course.
|Duration||3 – 4 years|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
Is Home Economics: a good course in Nigeria and what is the salary?
Yes, Home Economics: is a good course in Nigeria with limited job roles to explore. There is no standard salary for any job in Nigeria. It depends on where you get the job. The average net salary for Home Economics Teacher in Nigeria is ₦59K
A Home Economics: degree is not competitive and very popular amongst science and commercial students in secondary school. From our records, 78 Nigerian institutions offer this degree course.
So while you are here to get information on the O level subject combination for Home Economics:, we also expect you to consider the total number of students currently studying Home Economics: and the employment rate we will show you below so that you will know what you are up against when you choose to study this course.
We have some student guide articles that will be of benefit to you.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online courses and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC Subject Combination For Home Economics:
Remember, the requirement you’re about to read is also applicable to all o level examinations. (WAEC, NECO and GCE). We have painstakingly highlighted (in red) the core subjects on which you must obtain credit before gaining admission. Any subject with blue colour means, a pass is allowed.
If however, you fail one of the core subjects, you should read through each university’s special requirements for this course below to see if there is a university that may accept another subject in lieu of the one you failed. The 9 WAEC/NECO/GCE subject combinations for Home Economics: are:
- Civic Education
- Trade Subject
- Food and Nutrition
- Biology/Agricultural Science
- Any Nigerian Language
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same as the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Home Economics:, don’t give up. You should consider other Home Economics: similar courses or look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please read valuable guides on how to choose a course and university
JAMB subject combination for Home Economics:
For this degree, you are also required to register for 4 subjects and English is compulsory. More so, your JAMB score in addition to your POST UTME score will determine the cumulative score that the university will use to decide your candidacy for admission.
You should score 180 or above in JAMB to stand a better chance of gaining admission to study Home Economics:. You can still gain admission if you score between 160-170 upward but you do not stand a chance with those who had scored higher. Try out JAMB Admission Simulator.
The 4 JAMB subject combination for Home Economics: are:
- Agricultural Science/Food and Nutrition
You can also use any of the listed certificate gain admission into College of Education to study Home Economics without WAEC. The main requirement is 5 Credits passes in any of the following certificates:
- Grade II Teachers’ Certificate (TC-II)
- Pivotal Teachers’ Certificate (PTC)
- National Examination Council (NECO-SSCE)
- General Certificate Examination (GCE)
- National Business and Technical Examination Board (NABTEB) Certificate
- Higher Islamic Studies Certificate (HISC)
- Teachers with Five (5) Years of Teaching Experience without the number of Credit passes mentioned above can be considered.
These are the list of colleges and universities offering Home Economics:
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Michael Okpara University of Agricultural Umudike
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- University of Uyo
- Adeyemi College of Education
- College of Education, Agbor
- Cross River State College of Education, Akamkpa,
- Akwa-Ibom State College of Education, Afaha-Nsit
- College of Education, Akwanga
- Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education
- Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education
- College of Education, Ankpa, Kogi State.
- Abia State College of Education (Technical), Arochukwu
- College of Education, Azare
- Bauchi State Institute of Education, Kangere,
- Isaac Jasper Boro College of Education, Sagbama
- College of Education, Kwara State
- Cornerstone College of Education, Lagos State.
- Delar College of Education, Ibadan.
- Isa Kaita College of Education, P.M.B. 5007, Dutsinma
- College of Education, Ekiadolo, Benin City
- Enugu State College of Education (Tech.) Enugu Abakaliki
- Federal College of Education, Osiele, Abeokuta
- Federal College of Education., Eha-Amufu,
- Federal College of Education, Kano
- Federal College of Education, Katsina
- Federal College of Education, Kontagora
- Federal College of Education, Obudu
- Federal College of Education, Okene
- Federal College of Education, Pankshin
- Federal College of Education, Yola
- Federal College of Education, Zaria
- Federal College of Education (Technical), Akoka
- Federal College of Education (Technical), Asaba
- Federal College of Education (Technical), Bichi
- Federal College Education (Technical), Gombe
- Federal College of Education (Technical), Gusau
- Federal College of Education (Technical), Omoku
- Federal College of Education (Technical), Potiskum
- Federal College of Education (Technical), Umunze
- Umar Suleiman College of Education, Gashua
- College of Education, Gindiri Plateau State
- Jigawa State College of Education, Gumel
- Havard Wilson College of Education, Aba-Owerri Road, Abia
- College of Education, Hong
- Tai Solarin College of Education, Ijebu-Ode
- College of Education, Ikere Ekiti State
- Osun State College of Education, Ila-Orangun, Osun State.
- College of Education, Ilesha
- College of Education, lorin, Kwara State.
- College of Education, Zing
- College of Education, Kafanchan
- Saadatu Rimi College of Education, Kumbotso
- College of Education, Katsina-Ala, Benue State.
- Adamu Augie College of Education, Argungu
- Kinsey College of Education, Ilorin Kwara State
- Kashim-Ibrahim College of Educ., Maiduguri
- College of Education, Minna
- Michael Otedola College of Primary Education, Moforiji
- Delta State College of Physical Education, Mosogar
- Muritadha College of Education, (Institute of Arabic and Islamic Studies) Oyo State.
- Nana Aishat Memorial College of Education, Kwara State
- Nwafor Orizu College of Education, Nsugbe
- College of Education, Oju, Otukpo, Benue State
- ONIT College of Education, Anambra State
- Our Saviour Institute Of Science and Tech
- College of Education, Enugu State
- Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education, Otto/Ijanikin Lagos State.
- Emmanuel Alayande College of Education, Oyo State
- Royal City College of Education, Otta, Ogun State
- Shehu Shagari College of Education, Sokoto
- Topmost College of Education, Lagos
- College of Education, Waka-Biu, Borno State.
- College of Education, Warri
- FCT College of Education, Zuba
Can a Science, Commercial or Art student study Home Economics?
Yes! Home Economics can be studied by any student irrespective of their department in secondary school. As long as you have the required subject combination in your O level result, you can go for it if that is the course you desire to study.
Further Reading on Home Economics Degree