Last updated on August 15, 2020 by The Counselor
This page contains 2020/2021 official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) to study Home Economics and the list of College of Education offering the Course.
|Cut off mark||Varies|
On this page, I will guide you on the required College of Education O level subject combination to study Home Economics. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement. That is the O level / WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), and the list of College of Education offering Home Economics. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria higher institutions, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can ignore.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Home Economics
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Home Economics in Nigeria polytechnics. You must have Credit Pass in the subject for which you intends to make your chosen Teaching Subject. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The required WAEC subject combination to study Home Economics in the College of Education must include:
- English Language, Mathematics and any three of the followings:
1. Agricultural Science
4. General Science
5. Health Science
6. Home Management/
7. Hotel and Catering
8. Food and Nutrition
9. Integrated Science
- 13. General Metal Work
14. Building/Engineering Drawing
15. Men/Ladies Garment Constr. and Finishing
16. Men/Ladies Textile Design
19. Surface Design and Printing
20. Bleaching, Dyeing and Finishing
21. Basic Electricity
- GROUP A:
Home Economics, Home Mgt., Cookery, Needle Work and Dress Making, Clothing and Textile, Food and Nutrition, Hotel Mgt. and Catering.
- GROUP B:
Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Int. Science, Health Science, Agric Science, Maths/Arith. Process/Basic Maths, Econs, Physical and Health Educ
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any College of Education in Lagos State, then Yoruba Language is compulsory. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Home Economics, let also look at JAMB UTME.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Home Economics
Before we consider the list of College of Education offering Home Economics, let see the compulsory JAMB subjects for Home Economics that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 150 so that you can easily gain admission into any College of Education. Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– English Language is compulsory. If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Institutions to study Home Economics. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree.
- Any three of Chemistry, Agricultural Science, Home Economics, Economics and Mathematics.
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the O level subject combinations to study Home Economics in College of Education, don’t give up. You should consider other Home Economics similar courses in related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which College of Education to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course.
You can also use any of the listed certificate gain admission into College of Education to study Home Economics without WAEC. The main requirement is 5 Credits passes in any of the following certificates:
- Grade II Teachers’ Certificate (TC-II)
- Pivotal Teachers’ Certificate (PTC)
- National Examination Council (NECO-SSCE)
- General Certificate Examination (GCE)
- National Business and Technical Examination Board (NABTEB) Certificate
- Higher Islamic Studies Certificate (HISC)
- Teachers with Five (5) Years of Teaching Experience without the number of Credit passes mentioned above can be considered.
These are the list of College of Education offering Home Economics:
- Adeyemi College of Education
- College of Education, Agbor
- Cross River State College of Education, Akamkpa,
- Akwa-Ibom State College of Education, Afaha-Nsit
- College of Education, Akwanga
- Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education
- Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education
- College of Education, Ankpa, Kogi State.
- Abia State College of Education (Technical), Arochukwu
- College of Education, Azare
- Bauchi State Institute of Education, Kangere,
- Isaac Jasper Boro College of Education, Sagbama
- College of Education, Kwara State
- Cornerstone College of Education, Lagos State.
- Delar College of Education, Ibadan.
- Isa Kaita College of Education, P.M.B. 5007, Dutsinma
- College of Education, Ekiadolo, Benin City
- Enugu State College of Education (Tech.) Enugu Abakaliki
- Federal College of Education, Osiele, Abeokuta
- Federal College of Education., Eha-Amufu,
- Federal College of Education, Kano
- Federal College of Education, Katsina
- Federal College of Education, Kontagora
- Federal College of Education, Obudu
- Federal College of Education, Okene
- Federal College of Education, Pankshin
- Federal College of Education, Yola
- Federal College of Education, Zaria
- Federal College of Education (Technical), Akoka
- Federal College of Education (Technical), Asaba
- Federal College of Education (Technical), Bichi
- Federal College Education (Technical), Gombe
- Federal College of Education (Technical), Gusau
- Federal College of Education (Technical), Omoku
- Federal College of Education (Technical), Potiskum
- Federal College of Education (Technical), Umunze
- Umar Suleiman College of Education, Gashua
- College of Education, Gindiri Plateau State
- Jigawa State College of Education, Gumel
- Havard Wilson College of Education, Aba-Owerri Road, Abia
- College of Education, Hong
- Tai Solarin College of Education, Ijebu-Ode
- College of Education, Ikere Ekiti State
- Osun State College of Education, Ila-Orangun, Osun State.
- College of Education, Ilesha
- College of Education, lorin, Kwara State.
- College of Education, Zing
- College of Education, Kafanchan
- Saadatu Rimi College of Education, Kumbotso
- College of Education, Katsina-Ala, Benue State.
- Adamu Augie College of Education, Argungu
- Kinsey College of Education, Ilorin Kwara State
- Kashim-Ibrahim College of Educ., Maiduguri
- College of Education, Minna
- Michael Otedola College of Primary Education, Moforiji
- Delta State College of Physical Education, Mosogar
- Muritadha College of Education, (Institute of Arabic and Islamic Studies) Oyo State.
- Nana Aishat Memorial College of Education, Kwara State
- Nwafor Orizu College of Education, Nsugbe
- College of Education, Oju, Otukpo, Benue State
- ONIT College of Education, Anambra State
- Our Saviour Institute Of Science and Tech
- College of Education, Enugu State
- Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education, Otto/Ijanikin Lagos State.
- Emmanuel Alayande College of Education, Oyo State
- Royal City College of Education, Otta, Ogun State
- Shehu Shagari College of Education, Sokoto
- Topmost College of Education, Lagos
- College of Education, Waka-Biu, Borno State.
- FCT College of Education, Zuba