This page contains 2020/2021 official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) to study Social Studies/Yoruba and the list of College of Education offering the Course.
|Cut off mark||Varies|
On this page, I will guide you on the required College of Education O level subject combination to study Social Studies/Yoruba. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement. That is the O level / WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), and the list of College of Education offering Social Studies/Yoruba. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria higher institutions, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Social Studies/Yoruba
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Social Studies/Yoruba in Nigeria polytechnics. You must have Credit Pass in the subject for which you intends to make your chosen Teaching Subject. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The required WAEC subject combination to study Social Studies/Yoruba in the College of Education must include:
- English Language,
- Yoruba, one Arts/Social Science.
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any College of Education in Lagos State, then Yoruba Language is compulsory. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Social Studies/Yoruba, let also look at JAMB UTME.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Social Studies/Yoruba
Before we consider the list of College of Education offering Social Studies/Yoruba, let see the compulsory JAMB subjects for Social Studies/Yoruba that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 150 so that you can easily gain admission into any College of Education. Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Institutions to study Social Studies/Yoruba. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree.
- One Arts/Social Science subject
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the O level subject combinations to study Social Studies/Yoruba in College of Education, don’t give up. You should consider other Social Studies/Yoruba similar courses in related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which College of Education to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course.
You can also use any of the listed certificate gain admission into College of Education to study Social Studies/Yoruba without WAEC. The main requirement is 5 Credits passes in any of the following certificates:
- Grade II Teachers’ Certificate (TC-II)
- Pivotal Teachers’ Certificate (PTC)
- National Examination Council (NECO-SSCE)
- General Certificate Examination (GCE)
- National Business and Technical Examination Board (NABTEB) Certificate
- Higher Islamic Studies Certificate (HISC)
- Teachers with Five (5) Years of Teaching Experience without the number of Credit passes mentioned above can be considered.
These are the list of College of Education offering Social Studies/Yoruba:
- Adeyemi College of Education
- Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education
- Ansar-Ud-Deen College of Education, Oshodi, Lagos State
- Assanusiyah College of Education, Osun State
- Best Legacy College of Education, Oyo State.
- Delar College of Education, Ibadan.
- Federal College of Education, Osiele, Abeokuta
- Federal College of Education., Eha-Amufu,
- Federal College of Education, Kano
- Federal College of Education, Kontagora
- Federal College of Education, Okene
- Federal College of Education, Pankshin
- Federal College of Education, Zaria
- Tai Solarin College of Education, Ijebu-Ode
- College of Education, Ikere Ekiti State
- Osun State College of Education, Ila-Orangun, Osun State.
- College of Education, lorin, Kwara State.
- College of Education, Foreign Links Campus Moro, Ife, North
- Michael Otedola College of Primary Education, Moforiji
- Muhyldeen College of Education, Ilorin, Kwara State.
- Muftau’ Lanihun College of Education, Ibadan
- Muhyldeen College of Education, Ilorin, Kwara State.
- Nana Aishat Memorial College of Education, Kwara State
- Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education, Otto/Ijanikin Lagos State.
- FCT College of Education, Zuba