This page contains 2023 WAEC and JAMB subject combination for Adult Education, including the list of Nigeria universities offering this course, A level requirements and much more
|Qualification||[B. ED/B.A.(Educ.)/B.Sc. (Educ.)|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
Is Adult Education a good course in Nigeria and what is the salary?
Yes, Adult Education is a good course in Nigeria though with limited job roles to explore. There is no standard salary for any job in Nigeria. It depends on where you get the job. Adult Education teacher salaries in Nigeria range from 27,000 NGN per month to 110,000 NGN per month.
An Adult Education degree is not competitive and not popular amongst students in secondary school. From our records, 24 Nigerian universities offer this degree course.
So while you are here to get information on the O level subject combination for Adult Education, we also expect you consider the total number of students currently studying Adult Education and the employment rate we will show you below so that you will know what you are up against when you choose to study this course.
We have some student guide articles that will be of benefit to you.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online courses and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC Subject Combination For Adult Education
In WAEC, NECO or GCE, you are expected to register a maximum of 9 subjects for an Adult Education degree. You can register for less than 9 subjects if you are resitting.
However, you must have at least 5 credit passes amongst the 9 subjects listed below before you can gain admission into any Nigerian university to study for an Adult Education degree.
Remember, the requirement you’re about to read is also applicable to all o level examinations. (WAEC, NECO and GCE). We have painstakingly highlighted (in red) the core subjects on which you must obtain credit before gaining admission. Any subject with blue colour means, a pass is allowed.
If however, you fail one of the core subjects, you should read through each university’s special requirements for this course below to see if there is a university that may accept another subject in lieu of the one you failed. The 9 WAEC/NECO/GCE subject combinations for Adult Education are:
- Civic Education
- Trade Subject
- Christian Religious Knowledge/IRS
- Lit. in English
- Any Language
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same as the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Adult Education, don’t give up. You should consider other Adult Education similar courses or look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please read valuable guides on how to choose a course and university
JAMB subject combination for Adult Education
For this degree, you are also required to register for 4 subjects and English is compulsory. More so, your JAMB score in addition to your POST UTME score will determine the cumulative score that the university will use to decide your candidacy for admission.
You should score 180 or above in JAMB to stand a better chance of gaining admission to study Adult Education. You can still gain admission if you score between 160-170 upward but you do not stand a chance with those who had scored higher. Try out JAMB Admission Simulator.
The 4 JAMB subject combination for Adult Education is:
- Lit. in English
- Economics, Geography/Physics
- English Language
These are the list of Universities offering Adult Education in Nigeria
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education
- Bayero University, Kano
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Emmanuel Alayande College of Education, Oyo State
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Federal College of Education, Pankshin
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Kwara State College of education, Ilorin (KWCOED)
- Kwara State College of Education Oro School
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBU)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Ekiti State University
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- Tai Solarin University of Education Ijebu Ode (TASUED)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
Adult Education is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Adult Education is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, this course is under the Faculty of Education but may be under a different faculty in some universities.
Special Consideration to study Adult Education
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT) does not insist on Mathematics.
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST) accepts a pass in NCE General English and Basic Mathematics.
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki -credit is required for all Science based combinations while a pass is required for social Sciences.
- University of Ibadan (UI) requires 5 credits in one sittings to include English Language.
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT) requires five O’ level credits in English Language, the teaching subject and any other three.
- University of Lagos (UNILAG) requires five ‘O’ level credits in English Language, Mathematics and any two of CRK/IRK, French, Yoruba/Igbo, History/Government, Geography, Economics and French,.
- University of Calabar (UNICAL) requires credit in English Language and a pass in Mathematics.
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) requires as follows: (a) Candidates seeking entry into the four-year degree programme must satisfy the minimum University entry requirements which stipulate a minimum of five credit at the GCE O’ level or SSCE in English Language and a Science subject in addition to any three other relevant subjects. (b) Candidates seeking entry into any of the six specialized areas of the combination in the Arts and Social Sciences must meet the University minimum entry requirements in addition to the entry requirements of the department into which they are seeking combination.
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba requires credit in English Language Mathematics and three
other relevant subjects.
- Tai Solarin University of Education Ijebu Ode (TASUED) requires five O’ level credit at one sittings or six O’ level credit at two sittings to include English Language and other subjects from Arts, Social Sciences or Sciences. At least a pass in Mathematics is required.
Further Reading on Educational Management Degree
Pls sir what is unizik requirements for adult education
Please i’m unable to print out change of course in ui and the portal is closed already is there any possible solution
no other means…