Last Updated on
O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Business Education 2019/2020; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
|Qualification||[B. ED/B.A.(Educ.)/B.Sc. (Educ.)/B.Ed. (Tech)|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
|Cut off mark||varies|
|Related courses||Business Education related courses|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level requirement to study Business Education. That is, the WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers) and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Business Education
The subjects needed to study Business Education in WAEC must contain five (5/6) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Business Education must include
- English Language
- Two other subjects in the Social Science or Arts.
- A Trade Subject
For NBC holders, the other subjects could be from any of the following: Commerce, Office Practice, Principles of Accounts, Secretarial Duties, Typewriting and Shorthand.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Business Education
Knowing JAMB subjects for Business Education is not enough. You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just a piece of advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree.
These are JAMB UTME subject combinations (subjects to write in jamb) to study Business Education
- Plus one of Literature in English, History, Government, Geography, Chemistry and Physics
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Business Education
(i) Two ‘A’ level passes or NCE with merit passes in two relevant subjects.
(ii) NCE merit level pass in Business Education (double major)
If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with this admission requirement that is the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider other Business Education similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad or within. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
These are the list of Universities offering Business Education in Nigeria
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Abia State University, Uturu
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Adeyemi College of Education
- College of Education, Agbor
- Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Yobe State University, Damaturu
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- University of Benin (UNIBEN) with options in (i) Management (ii) Accounting
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Cross River State University of Science &Technology, Calabar (CRUTECH)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Emmanuel Alayande College of Education, Oyo State
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki With options in: (i) Secretariat Education (ii) Accountancy Education
- College of Education, Ankpa, Kogi State.
- Federal College of Education, Kontagora
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa (FUOTUOKE)
- Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuomu-Nike – Enugu State
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- College of Education, Ikere Ekiti
- KWASCOE (with options in) i. Marketing ii. Secretarial Studies
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
- Kwara State College of education, Ilorin (KWCOED)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Lead City University, Ibadan
- Madonna University, Okija
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU)
- Nwafor Orizu College of Education in Nsugbe, Anambra State
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST) (with options in) (i) Accountancy (ii) Marketing (iii) Management (iv) Secretarial Education
- Tansian University, Umunya
- Tai Solarin University of Education Ijebu Ode (TASUED)
- Ekiti State University
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Uyo with options in Accounting.
- University of Uyo offers the course as Accounting Education
- Veritas University, Abuja
- College of Education, Warri (COEWARRI)
- National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- College Of Education Zing Taraba State
Cut-off Mark for Business Education course
The cut-off mark for Business Education varies. You can check these universities JAMB UTME cut off marks here. Business Education is a good course and you can also check the top best Educational courses. This should not influence you. Follow your heart or seek my counsel.
Business Education is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Business Education is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, this course is under Faculty of Education but may be under a different faculty in some universities.
Where can I work with a Degree in Business Education
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Business Education. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read Fatherprada’s Career Guide – so that you can have knowledge on how the labour market operate after graduating. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Business Education have been listed above but, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar..
Follow Fatherprada on Facebook
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Education and Accountancy
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject Secretarial Education
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Education and Economics
- Study Library and Information Science – Under Education
- Study Vocational and Technical Education
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Education and Social Studies
- Requirement to Study Education and Business Administration
- Olevel/WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Education and History
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject Educational Administration
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Adult Education
Enebeli Ifeanyi is a graduate of Information science and a Counselor at Fatherprada’s blog. He loves Poetry and Philosophy but hates Mathematics. A reader by day and a writer by night. He hails from Ezionum in Ukwuani L.G.A.