This page contains 2022 WAEC and JAMB subject combination for Economics Education, including the list of Nigeria universities offering this course, A level requirements and much more
|Qualification||[B. ED/B.A.(Educ.)/B.Sc. (Educ.)|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
Is Economics Education a good course in Nigeria and what is the salary?
Yes, Economics Education is a good course in Nigeria though with limited job roles to explore. There is no standard salary for any job in Nigeria. It depends on where you get the job. A person working in Teaching / Education in Nigeria typically earns 27,000 NGN per month to 150,000 NGN per month.
An Economics Education degree is competitive and very popular amongst students in secondary school. From our records, 53 Nigerian universities offer this degree course.
So while you are here to get information on the O level subject combination for Economics Education, we also expect you consider the total number of students currently studying Economics Education and the employment rate we will show you below so that you will know what you are up against when you choose to study this course.
We have some student guide articles that will be of benefit to you.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online courses and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC Subject Combination For Economics Education
Remember, the requirement you’re about to read is also applicable to all o level examinations. (WAEC, NECO and GCE). We have painstakingly highlighted (in red) the core subjects on which you must obtain credit before gaining admission. Any subject with blue colour means, a pass is allowed.
If however, you fail one of the core subjects, you should read through each university’s special requirements for this course below to see if there is a university that may accept another subject in lieu of the one you failed. The 9 WAEC/NECO/GCE subject combinations for Economics Education are:
- Civic Education
- Trade Subject
- Any Language
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same as the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Economics Education, don’t give up. You should consider other Economics Education similar courses or look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please read valuable guides on how to choose a course and university
JAMB subject combination for Economics Education
For this degree, you are also required to register for 4 subjects and English is compulsory. More so, your JAMB score in addition to your POST UTME score will determine the cumulative score that the university will use to decide your candidacy for admission.
You should score 180 or above in JAMB to stand a better chance of gaining admission to study Economics Education. You can still gain admission if you score between 160-170 upward but you do not stand a chance with those who had scored higher. Try out JAMB Admission Simulator.
The 4 JAMB subject combination for Economics Education is:
- English Language
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Economics Education
(i) Two ‘A’ level passes in Economics and one other relevant subject.
(ii) NCE credit/merit level passes in Economics and one other subject.
These are the list of institutions offering Economics Education in Nigeria
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Adeyemi College of Education
- College of Education, Agbor
- Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Yobe State University, Damaturu
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bayero University, Kano
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Emmanuel Alayande College of Education, Oyo State
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Edo University Iyamo
- Federal University, Gusau Zamfara (FUGUS)
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State (FUKASHERE)
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuomu-Nike – Enugu State
- Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, Rumuolumeni
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- College of Education, Ikere Ekiti
- Osun State College of Education, Ila-Orangun
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- College of Education, Katsina-Ala, Benue State.
- Kogi State University Anyigba
- Kwara State College of education, Ilorin (KWCOED)
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- Lead City University, Ibadan
- Nasarawa State University Keffi (NSUK)
- Northwest University Kano (NWU)
- Nwafor Orizu College of Education in Nsugbe, Anambra State
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Osun State College of Education Ilesa
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Tansian University, Umunya
- Tai Solarin University of Education Ijebu Ode (TASUED)
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK)
- Umar Musa Yar’ Adua University Katsina (UMYUK)
- Ekiti State University
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- University of Uyo
- Veritas University, Abuja
- College of Education, Warri (COEWARRI).
Economics Education is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Economics Education is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, this course is under the Faculty of Education
Special Consideration to study Economics Education
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University (UDUSOK) requires candidates without credit in Mathematics to take and pass Basic Mathematics.
- EDALV accept a pass in English Language.
- Abia State University, Uturu, University of Jos (UNIJOS) and University of Abuja, Gwagwalada accept ‘O’ level pass in Mathematics but such candidates may be required to pass a remedial course in the 1st year.
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU) requires O’ level credit in five subjects which must include English Language, Mathematics & Economics plus any other two subjects or Five TC II credit/merit passes must include English Language, Mathematics and Social Studies
- University of Benin (UNIBEN) requires any other Social Science subject in addition to Economics.
- Ekiti State University requires two Social Science subjects.
- Tai Solarin University of Education Ijebu Ode (TASUED) requires Five ‘O’ level credits at one sittings or six ‘O’ level credits at two sittings in English, Mathematics, Economics and any two/three Science or Social Science.
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN) requires a Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) or its equivalents with credit level passes in five (5) subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Economics to form the core subjects, with credit in three (3) other relevant Art or Social Science subject at not more than two sittings. The candidate must earn an acceptable score in the UTME
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki Five `O` level credits in English, Mathematics, Economics, Biology and any other social science subject.
- University of Lagos (UNILAG) requires credit in English Language, Mathematics, Economics and any two of Geography, History/Government, Literature-in English, Financial Accounting and Civic Education/Social Studies.
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba requires Five ‘O’ level credits at two sittings in English, Mathematics, and Economics with other credits in Commerce, Geography and Government.
Further Reading on Economics Education Degree