Last Updated on
O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Vocational Education 2019/2020; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
|Qualification||[B. ED/B.A.(Educ.)/B.Sc. (Educ.)/B.Ed. (Tech)|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
|Cut off mark||varies|
|Related courses||Vocational Education related courses|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level requirement to study Vocational Education. That is, the WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), s, Special consideration (waivers) and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Vocational Education
The subjects needed to study Vocational Education in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Vocational Education must include
- For Agric. Tech Educ: English, Mathematics., Chemistry, Agric Science and Geography/Physics TC Grade II
- For Home Economics: English, Mathematics., Home Economics and any two of Mgt, Biology, Chemistry, and Clothing and Textiles
- A Trade Subject
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Vocational Education
Knowing JAMB subjects for Vocational Education is not enough. You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just a piece of advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree.
These are JAMB UTME subject combinations (subjects to write in jamb) to study Vocational Education
- Plus one of Lit. in English, History, Government, Geography/Physics, Chemistry and Physics Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Vocational Education
Agric. Tech Educ. (i) NCE in Agricultural Science Education (DM) with credit ii) OND with a minimum Upper credit in Agricultural Science iii) HND with Lower Credit in relevant areas of Agricultural Science
Home Economics (i) NCE in Home Economics at Merit level ii) National Diploma in Home Economics at lower credit level
If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with this admission requirement that is the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider other Vocational Education similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad or within. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
These are the list of Universities offering Vocational Education in Nigeria
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY) (with options in:) Agic. Tech Educ., Home Economics
- University of Uyo
Cut-off Mark for Vocational Education course
The cut-off mark for Vocational Education varies. You can check these universities JAMB UTME cut off marks here. Vocational Education is a good course and you can also check the top best Educational courses. This should not influence you. Follow your heart or seek my counsel.
Vocational Education is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Vocational Education is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, this course is under Faculty of Education but may be under a different faculty in some universities.
Where can I work with a Degree in Vocational Education
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Vocational Education. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read Fatherprada’s Career Guide – so that you can have knowledge on how the labour market operate after graduating. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Vocational Education have been listed above but, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar..
Follow Fatherprada on Facebook
- Study Technology and Vocational Education
- Study Vocational and Technical Education
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Education and Social Science
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Home Economics and Education
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Education and Language Arts
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Teacher Education
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Education and Social Studies
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject Secretarial Education
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Marketing Education
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Education Accounting