Last Updated on
O Level and A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Computer Science – Under Engineering; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
The admission requirement to study Computer Science – Under Engineering in Nigeria Universities includes one or a combination of ‘O’ level results or A-level result if you’re going through Direct Entry. This page will literally answer questions such as WAEC subject combination, JAMB UTME subject combination, Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers), where you can work with the degree and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. If you’re still having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that may be of benefit to you.
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
What is O level/WAEC subject combination (requirement) for Computer Science – Under Engineering?
The subjects needed to study Computer Science – Under Engineering in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement that is the compulsory WAEC subject combination for Computer Science – Under Engineering must include
- English Language
- Mathematics If you don’t have credit in Mathematics, Click here fast
- A trade subject
Computer Science Engineering (CSE) encompasses a variety of topics that relates to computation, like analysis of algorithms, programming languages, program design, software, and computer hardware. Computer Science engineering has roots in electrical engineering, mathematics, and linguistics. In the past Computer Science was taught as part of mathematics or engineering departments but in the recent times, it has emerged as a separate engineering field.
What does a Computer Science Engineer do?
- Design and develop software application for different industries
- Manages the software, hardware & networks in any industry
- Involves in the design and development of the hardware components of PCs & laptops
- Develop software for peripheral computing devices such as printers, modems and scanners
- Writes code and algorithms for operating systems like Windows, Linux etc
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subjects needed) for Computer Science?
You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just an advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree. JAMB UTME subject combination (subject to write in jamb) for Computer Science are
What is Direct Entry requirement (that is the required A-level result you need) to study Computer Science?
(i) ‘A’ level passes in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
(ii) ND/HND in Computer Science Upper/Lower credit respectively
Just a reminder: Everything you have read so far is a general requirement, it is expedient that you also check the special consideration for this course below. If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice.
So now that you know the compulsory WAEC, JAMB subject combination for Computer Science – Under Engineering, (which is also applicable to NECO and GCE) as well as A-level result/certificate.
Before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
List of Nigeria Universities offering Computer Science – Under Engineering include
- American University of Nigeria, Yola (AUN)
- Renaissance University, Enugu
- Obafemi Awolowo University,Ile-Ife (OAU) (with Economics)
- Obafemi Awolowo University,Ile-Ife (OAU) (with Mathematics)
- Bells University of Technology, Otta
- Crawford University Igbesa
Where can I work with a Degree in Computer Science?
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Computer Science – Under Engineering. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read The Act of Getting a Job – so you would know what you’re up against after graduating.
- Software Developers : Software developers are professionals who are concerned with facets of the software development process which involves activities such as design and coding, computer programming, project management, etc.
- Hardware Engineers : These professionals do research, design, develop, test, and oversee the installation of computer hardware which inter alia includes computer chips, circuit boards, systems, modems, keyboards, and printers.
- System Designer : Professionals involved in system designing, Logical & Physical Designing wherein logical designing can be enumerated as the structure & characteristics such as output, input, files, database & procedures, etc.
- System Analyst : Computer engineers who work as systems analyst do research about the existing problems and plan solutions for the problem. They also recommend software and system related problems and coordinate development between business development teams.
- Networking Engineers : Networking engineers are computer professionals involved in designing, implementation, and troubleshooting of computer networks.
- DBA : DBA or Database Administrator are the professionals who are bestowed with the job to design, implement, maintain, and repair an organization’s database. Inter alia DBA professionals are also known as Database Coordinator or Database Programmer in IT sector.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Computer Science – Under Engineering have been listed above. Yet, some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar..
Would kindly recommend Fatherprada on Facebook
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Software Engineering
- Study Computer and Communication Engineering
- Study Electronics and Computer Engineering
- Study Computer Engineering – Under Engineering
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for Automobile Engineering
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Mechatronics Engineering
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Communication Technology
- Computer Science with Economics and Mathematics
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Systems Engineering
- WAEC, JAMB UTME Subject for Food Science and Technology – Under Engineering