Last Updated on
O Level & A Level Requirement – Subject Combination for Land Surveying 2019/2020; including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering the Course, WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB UTME, Direct Entry, IJBM, JUPEB, CAMBRIDGE, NABTEB, Course Description and Career Opportunities
|Qualification||B. Eng., B.Sc., B. Tech., B. Arc|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Related courses||Land Surveying related courses|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
You must be a science student to study Land Surveying in Nigeria Universities, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level requirement.
That is, the WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), s, Special consideration (waivers) and the required documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Land Surveying
The subjects needed to study Land Surveying in WAEC must contain five (5) credit. This subject combination is also applicable to NECO AND GCE… The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Land Surveying must include
- English Language
- Any of Fine Art, Geography or Wood Work, Biology, Economics, Tech. Draw, Further. Mathematics., Introduction to Building Construction, Bricklaying/Block laying, Concreting, Wall, Floors and Ceiling Finishing, Joinery, Carpentry, Decorative Painting, Lining, Sign & Design, Wall Hanging, Colour Mixing/Matching & Glazing, Ceramics, Graphics Design, Graphic Printing, Basic Electricity
- A trade subject
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Land Surveying
Knowing JAMB subjects for Land Surveying is not enough. You should aim for a score of 180 – 200 and above in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just a piece of advice) because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic… Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree.
JAMB UTME subject combinations (subjects to write in jamb) to study Land Surveying are:
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Land Surveying
(i) Two ‘A’ level passes chosen from Mathematics or Physics and Chemistry, Geography or Fine Arts.
(ii) ND/HND upper credits in relevant field
If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with this admission requirement that is the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider other Land Surveying similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
These are the list of Universities offering Land Surveying in Nigeria
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU)
- River State University of Science and Technology (RSUST)
Cut-off Mark for Land Surveying course
The cut-off mark for Land Surveying varies. You can check these universities JAMB UTME cut off marks here. Land Surveying is a good course and you can also check the top best engineering courses. This should not influence you. Follow your heart or seek my counsel.
Land Surveying is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Land Surveying is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, Land Surveying is under Faculty of Agriculture but may be under a different faculty in some universities.
Can a commercial or art student study Land Surveying?
No! Land Surveying is a pure science course and not suitable for commercial or art student. But if you have required subject combination in your O level result, you can go for it if that is the course you desire to study. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects during WAEC registration because your schools may go against it. The alternative way to write the required subjects combination for Land Surveying is through GCE.
Where can I work with a Degree in Land Surveying
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Land Surveying. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read The Act of Getting a Job – so you would know what you’re up against after graduating. Career opportunities will be added soon.
The SSCE O level and A-level subject needed to study Land Surveying have been listed above. Some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar..
Follow Fatherprada on Facebook
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Surveying and Geoinformatics
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for Quantity Surveying
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject Combinations for Building
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Geography – Under Engineering
- Subject Combinations for Geography – Under Engineering
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Systems Engineering
- Requirements to Study Building Technology – Under Engineering
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Gas Engineering
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Structural Engineering
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Automotive Engineering