Last Updated on
This page contains official WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Creative Arts, including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering this Course, A level requirements and much more…
You must be a Commercial student or Art with a good background in Commercial subjects for you to study this course in Nigeria Universities, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is, the WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Creative Arts
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Creative Arts in Nigeria universities.
The required subject combination (o level requirement for Creative Arts) must include:
For holders of NTC, the relevant subjects could be General Wood work, Building/Engineering Drawing, Introduction to Building Construction; Decorative Painting; Spray Painting, Linig, Sign and Design; Wall hanging, Colour Mixing/Matching and Glazing; Printing Origination; Machine Printing and Finishing
The above WAEC subject combination is also applicable to other O’level examinations such as NECO and GCE. So now that you know the compulsory O level requirement to study Creative Arts, let also look at UTME and Direct requirements and course descriptions.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Creative Arts
Prepare yourself well so you can score above 200 in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just a piece of advice) because anything short of this score may deny you Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic…
Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree.
JAMB UTME subject combination (subject to register in jamb) to study Creative Arts are
- Fine Art
- Two other Arts subjects or Social Science subject.
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Creative Arts
(i) Two ‘A’ level passes in Art or Fine Art and any other subject.
(ii) OND (Upper Credit) HND (Lower credit) from recognised institutions
If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with this admission requirement that is the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
List of Universities in Nigeria offering Creative Arts include:
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
Some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results. You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for this course if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar
Like Fatherprada on Facebook
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Creative and Visual Arts
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Fine Art / Fine and Applied Arts
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Fine Art and Design
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Drama/Dramatic/Performing Art
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Communication Arts
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Theater Arts
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Igbo
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Performing Arts
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Communication and Language Arts
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Theater and Media Arts