Last Updated on
This page contains official WAEC and JAMB subject combination for Biochemistry, including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering this Course, A-level requirements and much more…
In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can always ignore at your detriment!
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
What are the required WAEC subject combinations (requirement) for Biochemistry?
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combinations needed to study Biochemistry in Nigeria universities.
This combination of subjects must include:
- English Language
- A trade subject
The above subject combinations are also applicable to other O’level examinations such as NECO and GCE. So now that you know the compulsory O level requirement to study Biochemistry, let also look at UTME and Direct requirements and course descriptions.
What is JAMB UTME subject combination (subjects needed) for Biochemistry – Under Medicine?
Prepare yourself well so you can score above 200 in JAMB UTME to be on a safe side (Just an advice) because anything short of this score may deny you Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider College of Education or Polytechnic…
Please note – JAMB is not the only option for admission. If you’re having troubles JAMB UTME maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND or Predegree.
JAMB UTME subject combinations (subject to write in jamb) for Biochemistry are
What is Direct Entry requirement (that is the required A-level result you need) to study Biochemistry – Under Medicine?
(i) Two ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and any one of Physics, Biology/Zoology/Botany, and Maths
If for some reasons you are not satisfied or cannot meet up with this admission requirement that is the subject combination above, perhaps you should consider taking a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements. You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please consider
- The Fees
- The Distance
- The Environment
- The Degree Certificate
- Vulnerability to Strike
- Acceptable O Level and A-level Result
- Academic Calendar
List of Nigeria Universities offering Biochemistry – Under Medicine:
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- University of Ibadan (UI) Click to read conditions
- Igbinedion University Okada
- University of Jos (UNIJOS) Click to read conditions
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH)
- Ondo State University of Medical Sciences (OSUMS)
- University of Uyo
Course Description for Biochemistry
Degree in Biochemistry focuses on learning lab techniques and analyzing the lab data in reports afterwards, as well as learning background knowledge in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and IT. It is the chemistry of substances and processes occurring in living cells and tissues. That is, to understand living organisms in terms of chemical reactions. Biochemistry degree will provide you with the required knowledge and skills that are needed within the pharmaceutical and other biotechnology industries, medical and agricultural research, as well as in education.
Biochemistry degrees typically include topics such as:
Cell biology and signaling
Genetics and DNA
Structure and function of molecules
Proteins and membranes
Microbiology and viruses
Where can I work with a Degree in Biochemistry?
I believe you now know the subjects required to study Biochemistry. I urge you to also find out where you can work with the degree. Please take your time to read The Act of Getting a Job – so you would know what you’re up against after graduating. Career opportunities will be added when we revisit this page.
Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for this course had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar…
Would kindly recommend Fatherprada on Facebook
- WAEC, JAMB Subject Combinations for Medical Biochemistry
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Veterinary Medicine
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for Physiology
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for Biomedical Technology – Under Medicine
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for Nutrition and Dietetics – Medicine
- WAEC and JAMB UTME Subject for Medicine and Surgery
- WAEC and JAMB Subject for Dentistry and Dental Surgery
- WAEC, JAMB Subject for Medical Laboratory Science – Under Medicine
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combinations for Pharmacy
- WAEC and JAMB Subject Combination for Physiotherapy