This page contains 2023 WAEC and JAMB subject combinations (admission requirements) for Industrial Chemistry, including the list of Nigerian universities offering this course, A level requirements and much more.
|How many years||3 – 4 Years|
|Who can study this course?||Science student|
|Number of universities||60|
Is Industrial Chemistry a good course in Nigeria and what is the salary?
Yes, Industrial Chemistry is a good course in Nigeria with plenty of job roles to explore. There is no standard salary for any job in Nigeria. It depends on where you get the job. Industrial Chemistry graduates typically earn between ₦210,000 and ₦390,000 net per month.
Industrial Chemistry is competitive and quite popular amongst science students in secondary school. From our records, 60 Nigerian universities offer this degree course.
So while you are here to get information on the O level subject combination for Industrial Chemistry, we also expect you consider the total number of students currently studying Industrial Chemistry and the employment rate we will show you below so that you will know what you are up against when you choose to study this course.
We have some student guide articles that will be of benefit to you.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online courses and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC Subject Combinations For Industrial Chemistry
Remember, the requirement you’re about to read is also applicable to all o level examinations. (WAEC, NECO and GCE). We have painstakingly highlighted (in red) the core subjects on which you must obtain credit before you can gain admission. Any subject with blue colour means, a pass is allowed.
If however, you fail one of the core subjects, you should read through each university’s special requirements for this course below to see if there is a university that may accept another subject in lieu of the one you failed. The 9 WAEC/NECO/GCE subject combinations for Industrial Chemistry in Nigeria are:
- Civic Education
- Trade Subject
- Any Nigerian Language
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same as the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Industrial Chemistry, don’t give up. You should consider other Industrial Chemistry similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related course subject requirements.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and university
JAMB subject combination for Industrial Chemistry
For this degree, you are also required to register for 4 subjects and English is compulsory. More so, your JAMB score and your POST UTME score will determine the cumulative score that the university will use to decide your candidacy for admission.
You should score 200 or above in JAMB to stand a better chance of gaining admission to study Industrial Chemistry. You can still gain admission if you score between 180-190 upward but you do not stand a chance with those who had scored higher. Try out JAMB Admission Simulator.
The 4 JAMB subject combination for Industrial Chemistry are:
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Industrial Chemistry
- Two ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and Mathematics
- OND in Science Technology or ND in a relevant field with UTME requirements
List of Universities offering Industrial Chemistry in Nigeria
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Achievers University, Owo
- Ajayi Crowther University, Ibadan (ACU)
- Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Bayero University, Kano
- Bells University of Technology, Otta
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- ECWA Bingham University, New Karu
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Caleb University, Lagos
- Caritas University, Enugu
- Covenant University Ota
- Crawford University Igbesa
- Chrisland University
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Ekiti State University
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu (ESUT)
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina (FUDUSOK)
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi (FUBK)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State (FUWUKARI)
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuomu-Nike – Enugu State
- Hallmark University, Ijebi Itele, Ogun
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- University of Jos (UNIJOS)
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU)
- Kola Daisi University Ibadan, Oyo State
- Kogi State University Anyigba
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran
- Madonna University, Okija
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY)
- Micheal & Cecilia Ibru University
- University of Mkar, Mkar
- Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU)
- Obong University, Obong Ntak
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu – Osun State
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology Okitipupa (OSUSTECH)
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
- Redeemer’s University, Mowe
- Renaissance University, Enugu
- Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa
- Tansian University, Umunya,
- Umar Musa Yar’ Adua University Katsina (UMYU)
- Hezekiah University, Umudike
- Osun State University Osogbo (UNIOSUN)
- Veritas University, Abuja
- Wellspring University, Evbuobanosa – Edo State
- Western Delta University, Oghara Delta State
- Wesley University of Science & Technology, Ondo.
Cut-off Mark for Industrial Chemistry
As you can see, more than one University offers Industrial Chemistry. This means the cut-off mark for Industrial Chemistry will vary. However, from aggregate, the cut off mark is 200. You can still gain admission if you score between 180-190 upward but you do not stand a chance with those who have scored higher.
Industrial Chemistry is how many years course?
In Nigeria, if you gain admission to study an Industrial Chemistry degree course at the university through JAMB UTME, you will study Industrial Chemistry for four years. If you gain admission through direct entry, you will study this course for three years. And of course, there is room for more years if you have an extension; the aftermath of carryover courses.
Industrial Chemistry is under which faculty in Nigeria?
According to JAMB, a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions, Industrial Chemistry is under the Faculty/School/College of Science but may also be under a different faculty in some universities in Nigeria.
Can a commercial or an art student study Industrial Chemistry?
No! If you are a Commercial or an Art student, you cannot study Industrial Chemistry at the university because it is a pure science course which needs a good background in science subjects. To avoid discouragement, you can go for this course if you wish provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result.
Special Consideration (Waiver) to study Industrial Chemistry
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN), Bowen University, Iwo, Igbinedion University Okada and University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT) – does not accept Agric Science. University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT) does not accept also Biology and requires Mathematics.
- Madonna University, Okija accepts a pass in English Language.
- Bauchi State University, Gadau requires credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and Physics or Chemistry, Physics and Further Mathematics.
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola (MAUTY) requires Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State (FUWUKARI), Ajayi Crowther University, Ibadan (ACU) and Imo State University, Owerri (IMSU) – as in Chemistry.
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State and Crescent University (CUAB) does not accepts Agricultural Science.
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife (OAU) and University of Ibadan (UI) – As in Chemistry.
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) requires five O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Agricultural Science.
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU) does not accept Agricultural Science.
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki requires five SSCE credit passes in English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Biology.
- Federal University of Technology, Akure requires five credit passes at NOT more than two sittings. The five subjects should include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology/ Agricultural Science.
- Bells University of Technology, Otta requires five SSCE Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology/ Geography/Further Mathematics/Agricultural Science.
- Redeemer’s University, Mowe requires Five ‘O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology/ Agricultural Science.
- Renaissance University, Enugu requires five SSCE credit passes at not more than two sittings including English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
- Benue State University, Makurdi accepts passes in five (5) prescribed subjects in Preliminary Science of Benue State University, Makurdi in addition to minimum UTME score. Does not accept Agricultural Science in lieu of Biology.
- Umar Musa Yar’ Adua University Katsina (UMYU) accepts Geography or Agricultural Science or Computer Studies in place of Biology.
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran requires credit passes in English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any other science subject.