This page contains official 2022 WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Business Administration, including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering this Course, A level requirements and much more.
|Course||Business Administration – Under Social Science|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
|Suitability||Art and Commercial Students|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Related courses||Business Administration related courses|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Business Administration. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be a Commercial student or an Art student with a good background in Commercial subjects for you to study Business Administration in Nigeria Universities, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
In other words, the WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some student guide articles that will be of benefit to you. You can ignore.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Business Administration
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Business Administration in Nigeria universities. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The required WAEC subject combination (O level requirement) for Business Administration must include:
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any universities, college or polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Business Administration. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Business Administration, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Business Administration
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Business Administration that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 200 and above in JAMB UTME instead of 180 to be on a safe side because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider the College of Education or Polytechnic… Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– English Language is compulsory. If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Business Administration. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree!..
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Business Administration
If you’re one of those seeking admission into the University to further your studies, in addition to the required WAEC subjects combination for Business Administration, you are expected to have Two ‘A’ level passes including Economics
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Business Administration, don’t give up. You should consider other Business Administration similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and university
This are the list of Universities offering Business Administration in Nigeria
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- Achievers University, Owo
- Adamawa State University Mubi (ADSU)
- Anchor University Ayobo Lagos State
- Arthur Javis University Akpoyubo Cross river State
- Augustine University
- Ajayi Crowther University, Ibadan (ACU)
- Akwa Ibom State University of Technology, Uyo
- Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Auchi Poly degree
- Adeleke University Ede (AUE)
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Yobe State University, Damaturu
- Bells University of Technology, Otta
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- ECWA Bingham University, New Karu
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Caleb University, Lagos
- Clifford University Owerrinta Abia State
- Crawford University Igbesa
- Crown Hill University Eiyenkorin, Kwara State
- Chrisland University
- Christopher University Mowe
- Coal City University Enugu State
- Crescent University (CUAB)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Dominican University Ibadan Oyo State
- Edo University Iyamo
- Edwin Clark University, Kaigbodo
- Ekiti State University
- Federal University Birnin Kebbi (FUBK)
- Federal University Gashua, Yobe Umar Suleiman College of Education, Gashua
- Federal University, Gusau Zamfara (FUGUS)
- Federal University, Ndifu-Alike, Ebonyi State (FUNAI)
- Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa (FUOTUOKE)
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- Gregory University, Uturu
- Gombe State University, Gombe
- Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuomu-Nike – Enugu State (with options in i. Management ii. Marketing iii. Public Administration
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji
- Hallmark University, Ijebi Itele, Ogun
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna (KASU)
- Al-Qalam University, Katsina
- Kola Daisi University Ibadan, Oyo State
- Kogi State University Anyigba
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBU)
- Legacy University, Okija Anambra State
- Micheal & Cecilia Ibru University
- Mountain Top University
- Northwest University Kano (NWU)
- Novena University, Ogume
- Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu – Osun State
- Pan-Atlantic University, Lagos
- Redeemer’s University, Mowe
- Renaissance University, Enugu
- Ritman University, Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom
- Salem University, Lokoja
- Samuel Adegboyega University Ogwa
- Southwestern University, Oku Owa
- Summit University
- Tansian University, Umunya,
- Taraba State University, Jalingo (TSUJ)
- Michael Okpara University of Agricultural Umudike
- Umar Musa Yar’ Adua University Katsina (UMYU)
- Hezekiah University, Umudi,
- Kings University Ode Omu (UNIKINGS)
- Veritas University, Abuja
- Western Delta University, Oghara Delta State
- Wesley University of Science & Technology, Ondo
I know some of you will start searching for the best university to study Business Administration. Listen, I don’t encourage such but if you’re bent on knowing the best universities or top universities to study Business Administration in Nigeria, Check here
You should read this also
- Common Problems Students Face in University
- The Pros and Cons of Living Off-Campus or On-Campus
- How to set up a timetable for study
Cut-off Mark for Business Administration course
As you can see, more than one University offers Business Administration. This means the cut-off mark for Business Administration varies. You can check these universities JAMB UTME cut off marks here. Business Administration is a good course and you can also check the top best commercial courses. This should not influence you. Follow your heart or seek my counsel.
Business Administration is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Business Administration is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, Business Administration is under the Faculty/School/College of Social and Management Studies but may be under a different faculty in some universities.
Have you read this?
- How to Deal With Problems Related to Your Studies
- How to Request For Missing Result, Scripts or A Remark
- How to Avoid or Overcome Carry over Courses
Can a science or art student study Business Administration?
Yes! If you are a Science, Commercial or an Art student, you can study Business Administration at the university provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Also, during WAEC or NECO registration make sure you know which subjects are been registered for you because some secondary schools are ignorant about the importance of O level requirements for university courses. Another alternative way to register the required subject combinations for Business Administration is through GCE.
Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Business Administration in WAEC. But note this — Some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results.