This page contains official 2020/2021 WAEC and JAMB subject combination (admission requirements) for Banking and Finance, including the List of Nigeria Universities Offering this Course, A level requirements and much more.
|Course||Banking and Finance – Under Social Science|
|Duration||3 – 4 Years|
|Suitability||Art and Commercial Students|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
|Related courses||Banking and Finance related courses|
|Job Availability||High and Competitive|
On this page, I will guide you on the required O level subject combination to study Banking and Finance. if you are a returning visitor, you can skip reading repetitive paragraphs.
You must be a Commercial student or an Art student with a good background Commercial subjects for you to study Banking and Finance in Nigeria Universities, and that’s can only be possible if you meet admission requirements. This page literally covers answers to questions related to O level and A-level admission requirement.
That is, the WAEC subject combination (requirements), JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements), Direct Entry requirements, Special consideration (waivers) and the required screening documents for admission into Nigeria universities. In other to help you avoid having difficulties with getting admission in Nigeria Universities, we have some post that will be of benefit to you. You can ignore.
- The required documents for admission into Nigeria universities
- How to gain admission easily into Nigeria Universities
- Nigeria University Guides
- How to study online course and earn a degree
- Study abroad for free through scholarships
WAEC subject combination (requirements) for Banking and Finance
You’re expected to have at least 5 credits on the required WAEC subject combination needed to study Banking and Finance in Nigeria universities. This subject combination is also applicable to other O’level exams such as NECO AND GCE. The O level requirement, that is, the required WAEC subject combination for Banking and Finance must include:
These listed subjects are compulsory for anyone writing WAEC and other O level examinations. I will advise you to include a Language in your O level subjects. For the record, if you are one of those students seeking admission into any universities, college or polytechnics in Lagos State, Yoruba Language is compulsory for Banking and Finance. So now that you know the compulsory O level subject requirement to study Banking and Finance, let also look at JAMB UTME and Direct requirements.
JAMB UTME subject combination (requirements) for Banking and Finance
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a body responsible for your admission into the University or other institutions. Now I’m going to show you the compulsory JAMB subjects for Banking and Finance that you must register (English must be included because it is compulsory even though it may not be listed among the JAMB subjects below), and I will honestly advise you to aim for a score of 200 and above in JAMB UTME instead of 180 to be on a safe side because anything short of that may deny you of Admission/Post UTME. Of course, if you have a score below 180, you can consider the College of Education or Polytechnic… Read how to answer and pass JAMB once.
Please note– English Language is compulsory. If Mathematics is not listed among the Jamb subject on this post, then Mathematics is not compulsory for this course. JAMB is not the only option to gain admission into Nigerian Universities to study Banking and Finance. If you’re having troubles with JAMB UTME, maybe it’s time you pass through IJBM, JUBEB, ND, HND or Predegree!..
- One Social Science subject
- Any other subject
Direct Entry requirement (required A-level result) to study Banking and Finance
If you’re one of those seeking admission into the University to further your studies, in addition to the required WAEC subjects combination for Banking and Finance, you are expected to have;
(i) Two ‘A’ level passes in Banking and Finance or Economics and one other subject.
(ii) NCE with passes at merit level in relevant subjects.
(iii) ND at credit level.
(iv) Foundation International exam such as ICAN, ACCA, ICMA, GPFA
I want you to read this
- How to Study Effectively in University and College
- Administrative Structure of Nigerian Universities
- Punishment/Penalties for Examination Malpractice
If you have your O level result already and the subjects you have is not the same with the admission requirement that is the required O level subject combinations to study Banking and Finance, don’t give up. You should consider other Banking and Finance similar courses or take a look at Polytechnic or College of Education related courses.
You can also study online with a foreign university right from your bedroom or apply for a scholarship to study abroad. Education is now a choice. And please before you make a decision on which University to choose, please read useful guides on how to choose a course and university
These are the list of Universities offering Banking and Finance in Nigeria
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti – Ekiti State
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Achievers University, Owo
- Arthur Javis University Akpoyubo Cross river State
- Augustine University
- Ajayi Crowther University, Ibadan (ACU)
- Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Bayero University, Kano
- Baze University
- Bells University of Technology, Otta
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
- Bowen University, Iwo
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Caleb University, Lagos
- Covenant University Ota
- Crawford University Igbesa
- Chrisland University
- Christopher University Mowe
- Crown Hill University Eiyenkorin, Kwara State
- Crescent University (CUAB)
- Edo University Iyamo
- Edwin Clark University, Kaigbodo
- Ekiti State University
- Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa (FUOTUOKE)
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Fountain University, Oshogbo
- Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuomu-Nike – Enugu State
- Gregory University, Uturu
- Hallmark University, Ijebi Itele
- Ogun,Kogi State University Anyigba
- Kola Daisi University Ibadan, Oyo State
- Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU)
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU)
- Legacy University, Okija Anambra State
- Micheal & Cecilia Ibru University
- Mountain Top University
- Niger Delta University Yenagoa (NDU)
- Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja
- Obong University, Obong Ntak
- Oduduwa University, Ipetumodu – Osun State
- Pan-Atlantic University, Lagos
- Nigeria Police Academy Wudil
- Redeemer’s University, Mowe
- Renaissance University, Enugu
- Rhema University Obeama-Asa – Rivers State
- Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa
- Salem University, Lokoja
- Southwestern University, Oku Owa
- Summit University
- Kings University, Ode Omu (UNIKINGS)
- Veritas University, Abuja
- Western Delta University Oghara Delta State
- Wesley University of Science & Technology, Ondo.
I know some of you will start searching for the best university to study Banking and Finance. Listen, I don’t encourage such but if you’re bent on knowing the best universities or top universities to study Banking and Finance in Nigeria, Check here
You should read this also
- Common Problems Students Face in University
- The Pros and Cons of Living Off-Campus or On-Campus
- How to set up a timetable for study
Cut-off Mark for Banking and Finance course
As you can see, more than one University offers Banking and Finance. This means the cut-off mark for Banking and Finance varies. You can check these universities JAMB UTME cut off marks here. Banking and Finance is a good course and you can also check the top best commercial courses. This should not influence you. Follow your heart or seek my counsel.
Banking and Finance is how many years course and under which faculty?
Depending on your mode of entry, Banking and Finance is a three to four years course in Nigeria. According to JAMB, Banking and Finance is under the Faculty/School/College of Social and Management Studies but may be under a different faculty in some universities.
Have you read this?
- How to Deal With Problems Related to Your Studies
- How to Request For Missing Result, Scripts or A Remark
- How to Avoid or Overcome Carry over Courses
Can a science or art student study Banking and Finance?
Yes! If you are a Science, Commercial or an Art student, you can study Banking and Finance at the university provided you have the required subjects combination in your O level result. If you’re still in secondary school, you may find it difficult to change subjects to fit your desired course during WAEC registration because some schools may go against it.
Also, during WAEC or NECO registration make sure you know which subjects are been registered for you because some secondary schools are ignorant about the importance of O level requirements for university courses. Another alternative way to register the required subject combinations for Banking and Finance is through GCE.
Now I am confident that you know the compulsory subjects needed to study Banking and Finance in WAEC. But note this — Some Universities may accept D7 or E8 in some a compulsory subject instead of Credit. And some may accept or reject two sittings. That is combinations of WAEC, NECO, or GCE results.
You will know more when you take a look at the special consideration (waiver) for Banking and Finance below if available. Please take note that when you see Check, it simply means the special consideration for Banking and Finance had been merge with a related course to save space. So it is advisable to click the link or search with the search bar….
Fatherprada tries as much as possible to provide you with correct and up to date information. If you find any pieces of misinformation or require additional details please feel free to use the comment.