Last Updated on
Suleiman, 100 level student of the Federal University, Dutsinma of Physics and Electronics Department who had gone to the Dam along with some students to celebrate the Independence Day on Tuesday died while swimming at Dutsinma Dam, in Katsina state.
Sources say Suleiman’s corpse was retrieved and taken to his country home where his funeral prayer was held and then buried.
Another student of the same university, Nana Firdausi Mustapha, died in a car accident along Kankara road.
Nana, a student of microbiology, was travelling alongside her fellow students in a Vibe car to the permanent site of the university. Other co-travellers sustained varying degrees of injuries.
She has since been buried in Dutsinma cemetery as well after funeral prayer was held in the university. The spokesman of the university, Habibu Matazu, in a chat with our reporter confirmed both incidents, saying the university is deeply touched and prayed for the repose of the deceased souls.
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- Mourning in EKSU as girl stab and kills lover over N2,500
- 108 IBB University students arrested for fraud and robbery
- UNIZIK Warning: Upload your O’ level results online or lose admission
- 12 graduates receive N216 million to pursue Master’s degree
- Cultists shot and savagely butchered a CRUTECH student
- Depression: UNN Microbiology student attempts suicide.
- Cultists murdered students of the Federal University, Otuoke
- Mathematics teacher sends nude pictures to 14-year-old student
- UNILAG: Students speak on experience with Sex For Grades
- Flood swept away final year student in Adekunle Ajasin University