Last Updated on
The Government of Yobe State has received a report from Committee on Foreign Scholarship that recommended sponsorship for undergraduate and postgraduate studies in medicine, paramedicine, agriculture, computer science and engineering courses.
Submitting the report to the Acting Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Baba Malam Wali, the chairman of the committee, Dr Sheriff Almuhajir, said the committee had executed its assignment with a high sense of commitment and providing equal opportunities to every applicant.
He said, part of the committee’s recommendations, was immediate short and long term policy to support educational growth and manpower development in the state. The acting SSG said the government would commence by sponsoring 228 students for undergraduate and postgraduate studies in the next academic session.
Alhaji Baba Malam-Wali said the scholarship was to encourage studies in fields where manpower was lacking. “Government will sponsor at least 10 undergraduate and postgraduate students from each of the 17 local government areas in the next academic session while a second batch would be awarded placement the following session.
“This administration had declared a state of emergency on primary and secondary education, a powerful committee was constituted to guide government and the committee has already submitted its report,” he said.
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- 12 graduates receive N216 million to pursue Master’s degree
- University of Ibadan (UI) released cut-off marks for 2019/2020
- Mourning in EKSU as girl stab and kills lover over N2,500
- Students of Federal College of Education, Enugu State blocked the school gate.
- NYSC reward corper for returning android phone worth 500k
- AAUA Students Panic: We are no longer safe from robbery
- Rumble in FUOYE: Two student feared dead during protest.
- 26-year-old NYSC member to become youngest commissioner
- Snakes take over Auchi Poly Girl’s Hostel
- Mathematics teacher sends nude pictures to 14-year-old student