Last Updated on
The Government of Yobe State has received a report from Committee on Foreign Scholarship that recommended sponsorship for undergraduate and postgraduate studies in medicine, paramedicine, agriculture, computer science and engineering courses.
Submitting the report to the Acting Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Baba Malam Wali, the chairman of the committee, Dr Sheriff Almuhajir, said the committee had executed its assignment with a high sense of commitment and providing equal opportunities to every applicant.
He said, part of the committee’s recommendations, was immediate short and long term policy to support educational growth and manpower development in the state. The acting SSG said the government would commence by sponsoring 228 students for undergraduate and postgraduate studies in the next academic session.
Alhaji Baba Malam-Wali said the scholarship was to encourage studies in fields where manpower was lacking. “Government will sponsor at least 10 undergraduate and postgraduate students from each of the 17 local government areas in the next academic session while a second batch would be awarded placement the following session.
“This administration had declared a state of emergency on primary and secondary education, a powerful committee was constituted to guide government and the committee has already submitted its report,” he said.
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- LASU Invites Candidates to Apply for Afro-Brazilian Studies
- Bayero University expels 63 students over exam misconduct
- 12 graduates receive N216 million to pursue Master’s degree
- Flood swept away final year student in Adekunle Ajasin University
- Embassy: Over 13,000 Nigerians studying in the US every year
- DELSU 2019/2020 admission list is out
- University of Ibadan (UI) released cut-off marks for 2019/2020
- Mourning in EKSU as girl stab and kills lover over N2,500
- 54 Students Awarded Scholarship In Ogun State
- Students of Federal College of Education, Enugu State blocked the school gate.