Last Updated on
A student of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, on Saturday drank a substance believed to be ‘Sniper’ insecticide in a bid to take her life. The attempted suicide happened at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday.
The command’s Public Relations Officer, SP Ebere Amaraizu, disclosed in a statement made available to the News Agency of Nigeria in Enugu on Sunday that the student was, however, responding to treatment.
The victim, Miss Chinwendu Odoh, 24, is from Enugu Ezike in Igbo-Eze North LGA and a 200 level microbiology student of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
“She allegedly drank a substance believed to be ‘Sniper’ insecticide with a view to taking her life.
“Odoh was, however, promptly rushed to the Royal Cross Hospital, Nsukka, where she is being revived,’’ he said.
According to the spokesman, a full-scale investigation into the incident is being carried out by the police.
“Information from some sympathisers are pointing toward depression over an unresolved issue.
“The victim is now responding to treatment in the hospital,’’ he said.
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- Mourning in EKSU as girl stab and kills lover over N2,500
- Students of Federal College of Education, Enugu State blocked the school gate.
- Rumble in FUOYE: Two student feared dead during protest.
- Mathematics teacher sends nude pictures to 14-year-old student
- Multiple Gunshots: Boko Haram did not attack UNIMAID
- Snakes take over Auchi Poly Girl’s Hostel