Last Updated on
A student of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, on Saturday drank a substance believed to be ‘Sniper’ insecticide in a bid to take her life. The attempted suicide happened at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday.
The command’s Public Relations Officer, SP Ebere Amaraizu, disclosed in a statement made available to the News Agency of Nigeria in Enugu on Sunday that the student was, however, responding to treatment.
The victim, Miss Chinwendu Odoh, 24, is from Enugu Ezike in Igbo-Eze North LGA and a 200 level microbiology student of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka.
“She allegedly drank a substance believed to be ‘Sniper’ insecticide with a view to taking her life.
“Odoh was, however, promptly rushed to the Royal Cross Hospital, Nsukka, where she is being revived,’’ he said.
According to the spokesman, a full-scale investigation into the incident is being carried out by the police.
“Information from some sympathisers are pointing toward depression over an unresolved issue.
“The victim is now responding to treatment in the hospital,’’ he said.
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- 100 level Student dies while celebrating the Independence Day
- Student kidnab sister because he needed money to study
- Cultists shot and savagely butchered a CRUTECH student
- Mourning in EKSU as girl stab and kills lover over N2,500
- Cultists murdered students of the Federal University, Otuoke
- Graduate Arrested For Stealing One-Month Old Baby
- UNILAG: Students speak on experience with Sex For Grades
- Monday flood sweeps away polytechnic graduate in Asaba
- Bayero University expels 63 students over exam misconduct
- Students of Federal College of Education, Enugu State blocked the school gate.