Last Updated on
Mathematics teacher sends love messages and nude pictures, thinking he was chatting with the girl but her mother was reading all his messages.
A 40-year-old teacher, David, was on Tuesday brought before an Ikeja Magistrates’ Court, charged with sending nude pictures and videos to his 14-year-old student.
David, whose residential address is unknown, however, pleaded not guilty to the one count of sexual harassment.
According to the Prosecutor, ASP Ezekiel Ayorinde, the mathematics teacher committed the offence between August 5 and 10 at Agege, Lagos.
Ayorinde said that the defendant sexually harassed his student by sending her love messages, pornographic pictures and videos and requesting for her nude pictures and videos through WhatsApp application.
The defendant, a mathematics teacher, was making advances to his teenage student.
“He asked for her phone number and the girl, who does not have a phone, gave him her mother’s number, unknown to the defendant.
“The defendant started sending love messages and nude pictures, thinking he was chatting with the girl but her mother was reading all his messages.
When he asked for the girl’s naked pictures and videos, the mother reported the case, and the defendant was arrested,” the prosecutor said.
The alleged offence contravened Section 264 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the section provides for three years’ imprisonment for sexual harassment.
Magistrate B.O. Osunsanmi granted the defendant bail the sum of N200,000 with two sureties.
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- Teacher arrested for allegedly raping JSS1 student in Benue
- Embassy: Over 13,000 Nigerians studying in the US every year
- UNILAG: Students speak on experience with Sex For Grades
- Monday flood sweeps away polytechnic graduate in Asaba
- Admission seeker drags sister to court over generator
- Graduate Arrested For Stealing One-Month Old Baby
- FUNAAB Students Attacked By Armed Robbers
- Flood swept away final year student in Adekunle Ajasin University
- UNILAG Institute of Maritime Studies Admission in Progress
- Students of Federal College of Education, Enugu State blocked the school gate.