Last Updated on
UNIMAID was trending on Twitter on Sunday night as rumours of Boko haram attack spread like wildfire.
According to the school officials and students who avail themselves for an interview said; Boko Haram terrorists did not stage any attack on the University of Maiduguri on Sunday night.
According to them, the heavy gunshots heard around 10.20 pm and which scared some students out of the campus, came from behind the Dalori IDP camp but the army responded quickly.
Isa Adamu, the Chief Security Officer of the university, who spoke with an online news platform on Sunday said there was no Boko Haram attack on the campus.
Following the incident, Governor Babagana Umara Zulum visited UNIMAID on Sunday night with additional troops to assure students there was no cause for panic.
‘We are currently outside with the military, the attack is behind Dalori camp’, the CSO said, stressing that it was behind the university.
The attack is on the hostel side… a fleeing student said.
A resident of the staff quarters in the campus, who only identified himself as Musa, said the attack was not inside the university.
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- Rumble in FUOYE: Two student feared dead during protest.
- FUNAAB Students Attacked By Armed Robbers
- Cultists shot and savagely butchered a CRUTECH student
- NYSC reward corper for returning android phone worth 500k
- Depression: UNN Microbiology student attempts suicide.
- 26-year-old NYSC member to become youngest commissioner
- Flood swept away final year student in Adekunle Ajasin University
- ASUU to beats the drum of an indefinite strike by the end of October
- AAUA Students Panic: We are no longer safe from robbery
- 108 IBB University students arrested for fraud and robbery