Last updated on November 2, 2020 by The Counselor
Angela Shae, a social media management agency, is looking for a world-class Social Media Copywriter to join our small team of creatives. You’ll be working directly with the founder to provide our clients with social media copy that is true to their unique brand and style.
Angela Shae is a boutique agency that helps world-class photographers manage their Instagram accounts. A large part of the service we provide is helping photographers with social media captions that go along with their beautiful imagery. We tailor the copy to each individual, matching their tone and voice while striving to increase organic social engagement.
The most important part of this role is writing short-form social media copy that is true to the voice of each individual client. A typical caption is 50-100 words, though some captions can be as short as 10 words or as long as 500 words at times, depending on the client and their needs. What is most important is that you are able to be flexible and match the voice & tone of a client, rather than forcing your own style onto their brand.
Other responsibilities include:
- Writing. Writing, editing, and publishing engaging content for various social networks, but especially for Instagram.
- Research. Effective copy can only be written if we know our clients as intimately as possible. We achieve this by thorough, ongoing research about them.
- Optimization. Optimizing social media posts (language, tone, message) based on our clients’ needs and target audience’s behaviours. Using precise hashtags to reach specific audiences and increase the engagement of posts.
- Communication. To ensure full satisfaction of our clients, we communicate closely with them about their life events, preferences, and other ways we can incorporate their unique life into their social media.
Aside from the standard job description, here is what we most value in a candidate:
- Proven work experience as a Social Media Copywriter or similar role
- Ability to adjust writing style based on client needs
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Impeccable visual taste
- People & communication skills
- Work from anywhere
- Flextime; aside from “required online hours” of 9-11 am Los Angeles Time, work hours are fully flexible
- Competitive salary based on experience level and your local cost of living considerations
- 20 annual days off, with the ability to make up missed days on weekends
Deadline: November 9