Yes, Aerospace Engineering is a good major and it is one of the most demanding and challenging courses for new generation students. Students who undertake the undergraduate course are able to easily acquire the technical skills which are necessary for becoming job-ready.
In the United State context, there is an exponential growth in career opportunities and therefore, choosing an Aerospace Engineering major provides immense scope for employment. Many job opportunities are available in both government and private sectors.
Once you complete this course, you’ll be able to get employment opportunities in areas associated with designing, maintenance and overhauling, manufacturing of aircraft parts, structural requirement, repair, space mission, The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) etc. You’ll also be able to join the jobs in government and private aerospace organizations.
From the overall perspective, an Aerospace Engineering major is an incredibly bright choice as there is a huge number of opportunities and jobs available within the aerospace industry and aviation industry for aeronautical engineers and great room for private growth and development. Many governments, defence and space agencies (both within and foreign) also are on the lookout for aeronautical engineers to develop flying vehicles and systems.
Why is Aerospace Engineering a good major?
- High Income: One of the foremost reasons why Aerospace Engineering is a good major is the perks you will receive. You will be paid excellent compensation by the most reputed and largest organizations. A career in aerospace engineering is best as this job pays lucrative salaries. The engineers have high scope in getting handsome salaries by possessing their skills and creative ideas.
- Career Opportunities: Aerospace engineering is a highly specialized technological field. Aerospace Engineering is a good major with an ever-growing industry that opens doors to better career and growth opportunities. There are a lot of companies that recruit aeronautical engineers, all private and government aircraft and space organizations want talented and smart candidates.
- Innovative Ideas: Aerospace engineers showcase their creative and innovative ideas in the designs of vehicles and products. Engineers work in a team and share information and ideas.
- Travel Opportunities: Being an Aerospace engineer, you will have the advantage to travel all over the world without paying. A lot of health and wellness insurance plans are offered to the employees for their safety. An Aerospace engineering career provides you with job satisfaction and a feeling of accomplishment.
Career opportunities in Aerospace Engineering Major:
Aerospace Engineering is a good major because of the plentiful career opportunities across the profession, some of the popular opportunities are:
- Mechanical Engineer
- Aircraft/Spacecraft Designer
- Data Processing Manager
- Military Aerospace Engineer
- Inspector and Compliance Officer
- Aerospace Technician
- Mission or Payload Specialist
- Aerospace engineer
- Automotive engineer
- CAD technician
- Control and instrumentation engineer
- Design engineer
- Higher education lecturer
- Maintenance engineer
- Manufacturing systems engineer
- Materials engineer
- Mechanical engineer
- Patent attorney
- Product designer
- Production manager
- Quality manager
- Sales executive
- Technical sales engineer
Some classes Aerospace Engineering Majors take:
- Aerospace materials.
- Flight dynamics.
- Space mechanics.
- Aerospace structures.
- Aircraft design.
- Spacecraft design.
- Engineering Design Graphics
- Space Systems Engineering
- Analytical Mechanics
- Mechanics and Heat
|Estimated number of student||Nil|
|Number of universities||nil|