Last Updated on
The FCT Scholarship Scheme has been in existence since the 1980s. It has witnessed several transformations from being a Unit under the office of the Head, Department of Education under the office of the Secretary for Education to a Unit known as Education Support Scheme as established in 2006 by the then Minister of FCT, Mallam Nasir Ahmed El-Rufai.
FCT Scholarship 2019 Requirements and Eligibility
- Applicant must be an indigene of FCT.
- Applicant must have an unconditional admission letter from an accredited institution.
- An applicant is eligible if he/she is not enjoying sponsorship from another organization.
- An applicant is eligible if he/she is not on salary
- Applicant must sign a Bond of Post-Training Service with FCTA.
- Minimum of 5 credits in subjects relevant to the desired course of study including English and Mathematics obtained at two sitting.
- Certificate obtained should not be more than 3 years from the date of graduation.
- Age limit of 23 years.
Post Graduate Requirements:
- A first degree should not be lower than Second Class Upper (2.1).
- Evidence of National Youth Service Corps Certificate or Certificate of Exemption.
- Age limit of 35 – 40 years.
Courses for Consideration in the Foreign Award for Under Graduate and Post Graduate.
- Medical and Para-medical Sciences.
- Sciences and Technology/ICT.
- Environmental Sciences.
Categories/Types of Scholarships
Basic and Post Basic Awards: Beneficiaries of this Award includes:
- Regular Award: Award is given to Indigenes/indigents pupils of FCT Primary Schools, Junior and Senior Secondary Schools, Department of Mass Education Centres and Special Needs Centres.
- Ministerial award: Award given to Exceptionally Talented children that excel in either academic or co-curricular fields.
Tertiary Education Awards: Beneficiaries of this Award includes;
- Regular Award: This Award is given to FCT indigenes studying in tertiary institutions Nigeria and Oversea
- Special Award: This is an award given to overall best FCT indigene students, Male and Female in Senior Secondary Certificate Examination of the preceding year.
- Ministerial Award: Award is given to exceptionally talented students that excel in either academic or co-curricular fields. E.g. FCT football Queens, Young Authors and SAGE Students.
- Partnership or Joint Sponsorship: Co-sponsorship by FCTA and Agencies, NGOs and Philanthropist. E.g. NIMASA.
- Lend Support: Education Assistance given to indigenes and non-indigenes of FCT studying in Tertiary Institutions (Nigeria or Foreign) at the discretion of the Hon. Minister of FCT for one academic session.
FCT 2019 Scholarship Terms
The FCT Scholarship Award is subject to the following conditions:
- that applicant is eligible to apply (see quick links for eligibility status);
- that you are unconditionally admitted by the institution to which you applied;
- Students in part-time and private institutions are not eligible to apply.
that you are medically certified fit to undertake the course;
- that applicant will avail his/her self to the screening committee; and
- that successful applicant is prepared to accept the conditions set out in the award letter;
Applicant should print the filled application form and attach photocopies of the following documents:
- Copies of Education Certificates
- Birth or Declaration of Age Certificate
- Marriage Certificate (If married)
- Letter of Admission
- Certificate of Indigenization.
- School Identification Card (ID)
- School fees payment receipt.
How to Apply for FCT Scholarship
Interested and qualified candidates should obtain the Application form at
FCT Scholarship Board,
Junior Secondary School,
Zone 3, Wuse,
- Prices for the various categories of application forms are available at the Scholarship Board.
- All payments should be made at any “FCMB” Branch through the following “Account Number: 1816951011”
- Application Forms will be issued on presentation of bank tellers.
- The sale of forms will commence from Monday 8th April and close on Monday 22nd May 2019
- Interested applicants can obtain the Application Form from 10.00am to 3.30pm daily
- All completed Application Forms should be returned within two (2) weeks from date of purchase.
Follow Fatherprada on Facebook
- Niger Delta joint Scholarship Board (NDJSB) Award 2019
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2019 (Open)
- Chitika Is Shutting Down Effective Immediately
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment (Constable) 2018/2019
- JAMB, approve 160 as cut-off mark for 2019 admission
- Unijos Latest News on Admission 2018/2019
- ASUU Resumes Indefinite Strike in Taraba
- JAMB set to expose old and new impersonators
- JAMB UTME Cut-Off marks 2019
- University of Ilorin (Unilorin) Latest News today