Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) 2023 Scholarship Program for Developing Countries
The Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) is a public charitable foundation based in Bristol, Vermont, USA, which has been approved under the United States Internal Revenue Service. You are invited to apply for the WMI Scholars Program for students of developing countries.
This Scholarship is generally granted for the full period of study; however, recipients must maintain good grades, participate in community service and meet WMI deadlines for submitting an official copy of school/course grades and completing the semester report.
- Have successfully completed secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- Will be studying in his or her country or another country in the developing world
- Is 35 or under on March 1, 2023
- Is pursuing his or her first bachelor’s degree or diploma
- Will be enrolled in a program of study that will benefit the community and/or contributes to the continued growth and advancement of his or her home country
- Plans to live and work in his or her own country after graduation
- Has demonstrated his or her commitment to giving back and has volunteered prior to applying
- May have some other funds available for his or her education, but will not be able to go to pursue his or her tertiary degree without financial assistance
Required Documents for Application
- Clear personal photo
- Essay (topic is stated on the application form)
- 2023 application form
- Personal essay statement
- Two recommendation letters
- Official transcript of grades from secondary school
- Official grading key to interpret secondary school grades
- Official transcript of grades from tertiary studies (if applicable)
- Official grading key to interpret tertiary grades
- Official results from your national exam
- Official grading key to interpret scores on your national exam
How to Apply
There are two ways to apply for this scholarship, either online, or by mailing in a completed application packet to the office.
- For applying online: You are to apply by visiting the application portal where you will be asked to create a free account (username and password), fill out the information and upload documents. It is strongly suggested that you apply online as it will provide you with the opportunity to save your work and return it multiple times. You will also guarantee that your application, once submitted online, will be received and reviewed. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
- Mail-in: You will need to print the 2023 application form (available December 1, 2022) and it is your responsibility to clearly complete it and attach all required supporting documents before sending it.
For more details, visit WMI website