Last updated on October 16, 2020
Here at Clerky, we build software to help startups and their attorneys get legal paperwork done both safely and easily. We’re the most popular way for high-growth technology startups to form, and are also used by tons of top-tier startups for hiring and fundraising paperwork.
Despite our popularity, we have been extremely quiet and focused on product development. As a result, many of our customers don’t fully understand the full value of what they’re getting, and there is still a lot of room for growth in terms of market awareness. We’re looking for a content strategist/writer to help us tackle these challenges!
Things You Could Work On
- Blog posts
- White papers
- Social media
- Support documentation
- Internal documentation
- Highly considered writing — you naturally seek to make sure every assertion you make is one you intend to make as you might with a scientific paper.
- Concise writing — you naturally seek to find the most elegant way to communicate and eliminate any unnecessary words. You get pleasure from makings sure your writing doesn’t have any throwaway phrases or filler words.
- Work as a craft — you get much of your satisfaction from refining and iterating your work until it’s as close to perfect as possible. We’re not looking for someone who primarily gets satisfaction from pumping out content at a high speed.
- Lack of ego — due to the complexity of our subject matter, and the nuanced nature of our market, writing at Clerky often requires a lot of iteration. If you take feedback personally, this probably isn’t a good fit.
- Critical thinker — we seek to learn from what others have done, but use that to inform our thinking from first principles rather than blindly following an established playbook.
This position is for a contractor, at roughly 5-15 hours per week to start. If we turn out to be a good fit for each other, an increased workload and full-time employment are definite possibilities, if those are appealing to you. We work asynchronously, so you can set your own schedule and work from wherever you like.
Compensation is highly competitive. We seek the best and compensate accordingly.