Typing and Analyzing Files for Quicktate and iDictate
Quicktate transcribes voicemail messages, memos, letters, legal files, medical files, recordings of phone calls, conference calls and other audio files. Quicktate also audits, summarizes, evaluates and analyzes audio recordings and phone conversations.
Some audio files, like voicemail messages, may average just 2-3 minutes in length, while other recordings may be significantly longer, perhaps several hours. IDictate transcribes all types of files, except for voicemail messages.
What we require of our contractors
- Accurate spelling and punctuation.
- Individuals that know how to follow instructions.
- Typists that can listen to voice files and accurately type what they hear.
- Experienced and professional transcriptionists.
- Typists with their own equipment, supplies, facilities (office/ work space).
- Honesty, integrity and reliability.
- No convictions of a felony or misdemeanor on your record. (Do not proceed if you have ever been convicted)
- Take a typing quiz for each language or specialty you are interested in (examples: English, Spanish, French, Medical, etc.). You may also be given an opportunity to be tested to analyze audio files.
- Take a test to ensure you understand Quicktate’s requirements.
- Depending on how you scored on your Quicktate typing test, you may qualify to be tested to also offer your services to iDictate.
As an Independent Contractor, you can select your own hours that you want to work. You can work as few, or as many hours as you want. We are open for business 24 hours/ day; 7 days/ week.
How to get started to determine if you qualify to receive typing and/or analyst assignments
The following must be done in order.
- Review and follow all procedures and requirements outlined in our Help Desk.
- Review and follow all procedures and requirements outlined in the HIPAA Business Associate Agreement (below).
- Fill out the form below and tell us a little bit about yourself. This will create a typist account in our system, which will be activated if your references check out, you pass your tests and quizzes, and we decide to offer you typing assignments. Make sure you write down your typist account username and password during signup.
- When you create your typist account, you are agreeing to abide by our strict confidentiality requirements and code of ethics (outlined below). You will also be providing us with references. You should use NON-family members as your references.
- Carefully review all postings to our Help Desk frequently, so that you are up to date on Quicktate and iDictate issues. This should provide you with answers to any of your questions.
- Take our Quiz so we can determine if we can offer you assignments (see our Help Desk for details https://quicktate.zendesk.com/). Answer each question and fill out the form completely.
- Background Checks: After you pass the Quiz and the typing test, we will run a background check on you. You agree to pay the $20 cost of the background check. This may be paid using PayPal or credit card.