Jackson State University majors and acceptance rate
Located in the South region of the United States, Jackson State University has been providing young men and women opportunities that will empower them to succeed in an increasingly complex world. As the Urban University of Mississippi, Jackson State emphasizes public service programs designed to enhance the quality of life and seek solutions to urban problems in the physical, social, intellectual, and economic environments.
Is Jackson State University hard to get into?
The acceptance rate at Jackson State University is 90%. For every 100 applicants, 90 are admitted. This means the school is not selective; not hard to get into. You have a great chance of getting accepted if you meet Jackson State University’s requirements for GPA, SAT/ACT scores, and other application components.
Is Jackson State University a good school?
The Jackson State University is a good school that produces technologically-advanced, diverse, ethical, global leaders who think critically, address societal problems, and compete effectively.
What is Jackson State University known for?
Jackson State University is known for being the first and only HBCU in Mississippi to support a bachelor’s and master’s level engineering program. JSU is one of only two universities in Mississippi with a comprehensive meteorology undergraduate level degree program.
Is Jackson State University a party school?
Yes. Jackson State University is a party school.
What major is Jackson State University known for?
- Multi, /interdisciplinary studies
- Biology/biological sciences
- Social work
- Health/health care administration/management
- Criminal justice/safety studies
- Business administration and management
- Physical education teaching and coaching
- Mass communication/media studies
- Computer engineering
- Communication sciences and disorders
- Civil engineering
- Computer and information sciences
- Industrial technology/technician
- Elementary education and teaching
- Visual and performing arts
- Entrepreneurship/entrepreneurial studies
- Political science and government
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Rhetoric and composition
- Marketing/marketing management
- English language and literature
- Social science teacher education
- Special education and teaching
- Atmospheric sciences and meteorology
- Bioengineering and biomedical engineering
- Music performance
- Music teacher education
- Business/managerial economics
- Mathematics teacher education
- Foreign languages and literatures