Last updated on September 10, 2020 by The Counselor
UBA Plc Essay Competition 2020 – N6Million Grant
Now in its 10th year, the National Essay Competition, targeted at senior secondary students in Nigeria is organized annually, as part of UBA Foundation’s education initiative which is aimed at promoting the reading culture and encouraging healthy and intellectual competition amongst secondary school students in Nigeria and across Africa.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
- Be a Secondary School Student
- Must submit a handwritten essay (750 words MAX)
- Must submit a passport photograph
- Must submit a copy of a birth certificate, National ID or passport
- Entries received for the competition will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities, who will then shortlist 12 essays for further assessment.
- Following this, the second round of competition will involve the 12 finalists who will write a second supervised essay from which three best essays will be selected as the overall winners from the 12 finalists emerged from the first round of the competition
Awards – Educational Grants:
- 1st Prize – N2.5 million.
- 2nd Prize – N2 million.
- 3rd Prize – N1.5 million.
How to Apply:
- Applicant must submit their completed contact information (Name, Age, School, Address of school, Telephone Number, Residential Address and Email Address).
- Applicants must attach photocopies of their original birth certificates or international passport data page.
Deadline: October 2nd, 2020
Number of Scholarships: 3