Last Updated on
The Master of Public Health is one of the most widely sought after graduate degree programme in public health. The program equips students with public health knowledge; a unique set of skills and principles essential for the demands of public health in this present generation.
A certain aspect of Master of Public Health trains students on leadership skills in a specific health speciality, and how to improve and protect the health and well-being of populations. Moreover, a Masters in Public Health programme in Nigeria usually runs for a minimum duration of 1 year for Medical doctors and 2 years for most Paramedical degree holders.
All students enrolled in Masters in Public Health in Nigeria are expected to complete coursework designed to prepare public health professionals to effectively and actively contribute to culturally appropriate and innovative approaches, geared towards improving and promoting the health of the population and solving emerging public health problems.
Core Courses under Masters in Public Health In Nigeria
- Health policy
- Occupational health
- Social and behavioural sciences
- Public health Nutrition
These are the list of Universities Offering Masters in Public Health in Nigeria
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Ahmadu Bello University Zaria
- University of Ibadan
- The University of Lagos
- University Of Port Harcourt
- Babcock University
- University of Calabar
- University of Ilorin
- American University from Nigeria
Admission Requirement for Masters in Public Health in Nigeria
Though all the listed universities have their own admission requirement for Masters in Public Health, in general view a Candidates for admission to the degree would be graduates of the chosen university or any other recognised universities.
A Bachelor’s degree in the Sciences in the following disciplines Microbiology, Botany, Biochemistry, Physiology, Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Medicine/Medical Sciences (with at least a 2nd class). Other related disciplines may be considered depending on the availability of space and level of competition.
Experience in health promotion, health education, social welfare or other appropriate Ministry, Agency or Institution may be an added advantage.
A minimum of three years of postgraduate experience and must have completed the National Youth Service (NYSC) programme and candidates will undergo a selection process written and or oral and only those who are successful will be admitted into the programme.
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- Universities Offering Online Masters Degree in Nigeria
- 10 Courses Offered in PAMO University of Medical Sciences
- About UNIOSUN Pre-degree and Courses
- Ondo State University of Medical Sciences Courses
- Universities that offer Medical Physics in Nigeria
- School of Health Technology Akure Courses
- College of Medicine University of Ibadan Courses
- 26 List of Medical Courses in Bayero University, Kano
- Does University of Abuja Offer Nursing?
- 23 List of Medical Courses in Nigeria Universities