Last updated on July 11, 2020 by The Counselor
Do you know there are free universities in Germany where anyone from any country can apply for? Yes, there are and you will see some of them on this page.
So this actually means you can school in Germany for free!!!!!!!! Well, if you don’t about know this before now, then Jae Moris is here to tell you more and more. So don’t miss out on any word on this page because they are feed up with authentic information.
If your dream had always been to study in Germany but no money to achieve it, then I gladly advise you to take a breath and relax as I take you through some standard free universities in Germany that you can apply for and study for free.
Free universities in Germany? Yes, free universities!!! This is unbelievable to you, right? Well, it shouldn’t because they are exactly as their names imply.
There are free universities in so many countries around the world. But today will be focusing on those available in Germany for postgraduate and undergraduate students.
Wait!! What do you think a free university is all about? Wasn’t that a good question to be answered? Of course, it was. So before you apply for any of the free universities listed below, it will be advisable for you to know what a free university is all about, what’s free about them, and why they are called and known as free universities.
What is a free university all about?
Just as the name implies, free universities in Germany offer free educational programs to undergraduates and postgraduates. Meanwhile, there are some expenses that the school will not cover for you.
So below are things you should know about free universities and how they operate.
- Most free universities offer tuition and school fees free programs to students.
- In some free universities, students will be the ones to take care of their accommodation, feeding, clothing, and textbooks.
- Free universities may or may not take responsibility for the transportation of students who apply from foreign countries.
- Some free universities are always free for just the first year of study and have to be paid for in the preceding years.
- Some free universities in Germany admit students from certain countries but not all countries.
- There are some free universities that may require to pay some money to obtain your certificate on graduation.
Please kindly know that the above-stated conditions depend on the free university you choose. So they may not be applicable to all free universities in Nigeria and that is why I will kindly advise you to make further research on any free university you choose to avoid unforeseen expenses.
List of available free universities in Germany.
Below is the list of free Universities in Germany for International Students. (There are known as Tuition-Free Universities)
- Albert Ludwig University
- Darmstadt University of Technology
- Free University of Berlin
- Georg-Augusta University of Göttingen
- Goethe University
- Heidelberg University
- Humboldt University of Berlin
- Karlsruher Institute of Technology
- Ludwig Maximilians University
- RWTH Aachen University
- Technical University of Munich
- Technical University of Berlin
- Dresden University of Technology
- University of Bonn
- University of Hamburg
- University of Stuttgart
- University of Tubingen
What kind of programs and Courses do free universities in Germany offer?
This totally depends on the school you apply for. Some universities are only free for some courses and programs while others are free for all courses and programs. Generally, free universities offer both postgraduate and undergraduate programs and sometimes offer free tuition and school fees for all courses. Like I said before, it is left in your hands to make proper research about any free university you choose to avoid regret later on.
How to apply for admission into any free German universities
All interested students must submit an application to the school they choose. For most Universities, applications are to be submitted online, while for others, they may require applicants to submit their applications via email or in person.
All you need to do now is to, pick up the university of your choice and visit their school online platform to find out more about their application process and then follow it to submit your own application. For Convenience, You can contact your university to find out how you are to apply.
General requirements for studying in Germany (Foreign and international students)
If you have chosen to register/apply for any of the above listed free universities in Germany but you don’t reside currently in Germany, then you have to take note of the following.
These are the requirements, criteria, eligibility, and qualifications that will be needed if you really want to travel to Germany and study there.
Educational Qualifications for Free Universities in Germany.
- You must have to complete your high school (secondary school) for undergraduate students.
- You must have to complete your undergraduate program (for postgraduates)
- Applicants must have an internationally recognized exam certificate. Such might include any of GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, and IELTS
- All applicants must meet the age requirement which usually from 18years upward.
- Applicants must have good communication skills and should be able to speak one of the required languages as recommended by the school or the country for international students.
- You must have your I.D card for identification. The most recommended is always International Passport.
- You must prepare your visa and other needed documents.
- If the school doesn’t take care of your transport fare, then you have to do it yourself.
If you have picked up any of the free universities in Germany listed above and have applied, then I must tell you to always stay alert all the time. Make sure you use valid emails and phone numbers during registration and do well to check your mail from time to time to avoid missing out on any information.
Also, endeavour to use only correct and valid details that match with all your documents to avoid being disqualified.
Finally, I will love to quote this once again “Make a thorough research on any school you pick and register for” check the free courses and programs they offer, how trusted they are, what their free schooling covers and what they don’t, the cost of travelling over there and lastly, make sure your body system will be able to adapt to their culture, food and weather conditions.