Last Updated on
IELTS is designed to assess English language skills at all levels. Your total IELTS score will be a combination of the band scores from the four sections. You will receive IELTS scores based on each of the four skills on a band of 1 – 9, and you will also be awarded an overall band score. You can score whole (example 5.0, 6.0, 7.0) or half (example 5.5, 6.5, 7.5) bands in each part of the test. You need to have some idea about how the scoring pattern works to better understand how your IELTS score will be calculated.
IELTS exam score validity –
The validity of IELTS scores is until two years after the date candidate took the exam on.
You won’t have long to wait for your results as IELTS test results are released online 13 calendar days after you sit for the test. You will receive an email when your scores are available. You can log into your IELTS account on the IELTS Results website to see your scores.
IELTS Cut-Off Mark
IELTS has been designed to assess the English language skills of students at all levels. Hence, a serious student can never fail the test. The IELTS score is based on each of the four skills on a scale of 1 – 9, and students would also be awarded an overall band score.
Candidates are reminded that the IELTS cut-off score varies for different colleges and programmes that students are interested in and not all universities and programmes require candidates to qualify for the IELTS exam. Your overall IELTS band score is important if you intend to apply for university, take up a job or immigrate to an English-speaking country.
Follow Fatherprada on Facebook
- What IELTS exam is all about?
- How to Register for TOEFL 2019
- What if I fail IELTS exam?
- IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration
- TOEFL Registration fees in Nigeria 2019 and Test Locations
- Oxford University Admission Interview tips
- How to prepare for final exams in a week
- How to Calculate GPA and CGPA in Nigeria Universities
- Frequently Ask Questions on Pass/No Pass
- JAMB Stopped Cyber cafes 2019 registration