Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships for Nigeria and Ghana
The Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) is currently offering Masters Scholarships for the 2021/2022 academic year to Nigerian and Ghanaian students who will love to study at Oxford University.
The Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) is a foundation with an aim of transforming the performance of Africa’s public sector. This foundation is shaping out strategies that will affect the Africa public sectors positively, which will enable the countries within the continent to attain their developmental goals.
The Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) funds five scholarships every year for outstanding graduate students from Nigeria and Ghana that wish to pursue a Master of Public Policy degree at the Blavatnik School of Government (BSG) at Oxford University.
The necessary criteria for this scholarship are;
• Applicants must be graduates between the ages of 25 and 35.
• Graduates with work experience is an advantage (not compulsory).
• Only intelligent graduates with good academic reports will be considered.
Qualified African Countries:
This scholarship is for graduates from Nigeria and Ghana that wish to study at Oxford University
The Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarship is offered annually. Application is always open from September to October of every year.
The scholarship is for Master of Public Policy
Scholarship Type: For Masters
Eligibility for AIG Scholarship:
All applicants must meet the following eligibility for graduate students that wish to apply for the AIG Scholarship.
- Applicants must be a citizen of Nigeria or Ghana.
- Only applicants between the ages of 25 and 35 years.
- Have a first-class or second-class upper undergraduate degree with honours (or equivalent international qualifications), as a minimum, in any discipline. For applicants with a degree from the USA, the minimum GPA sought is 3.7 out of 4.0
- Be preferably top 10% of graduating class (First, Second or Master’s Degree) – evidence to be provided
- Provide evidence of game-changing leadership and the resultant impact
- Show skills and interests outside of academics (evidence to be provided)
Other necessary Criteria:
- Academic and analytical excellence
- Strong commitment to public service
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and the resultant impact
- Impeccable moral character
The benefit of the scholarship: The Africa Initiative for Governance Scholarships is fully funded and it covers tuition fees, accommodation, and living expenses, except travel or visa expenses.