- Are you aged 18 – 35 from the Niger Delta states?
- Do you have an innovative business idea?
- Do you desire to own and manage a business?
- Do you possess a University degree or HND in any discipline?
- Have you completed NYSC if applicable?
- Not in paid employment
LiveWIRE Nigeria is a youth enterprise development programme supported by The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC).
The purpose of LiveWIRE is to improve opportunities for young people to realise their potential through the creation and development of their own businesses. Such businesses will contribute towards a more buoyant economy and communities with more fulfilled young people.
The objectives for the LiveWIRE Programme in Nigeria are to;
- Raise business awareness amongst final year university students to encourage them to see starting a business as a valid career option
- Assist youths to discover and develop business ‘ideas’ through Bright Ideas Workshops
- Make available to youths that want to go on to start a business, business planning and management guidelines and skills through the Become A Successful Owner Manager Course (BSOM)
- Run awards for best business plans, the price of which gives access to micro-credit facilities, through third parties like banks, NGOs and allied financial institutions
- Run an award for young people who have sustained a business for 2 to 3 years and continue the award on an annual basis
- Provide a volunteer mentoring programme for those who have completed the training course and decide to pursue starting their own business. Mentors can be drawn from oil & gas, banking, social voluntary sectors, etc.
- Print and provide information on youth enterprise at LiveWIRE Resource Centre
- Target Beneficiaries: Youths in the age range of 18 to 30 years.
The programme operates in the Niger Delta region and aims to inspire, encourage and support young people aged 18-35 to start up their own businesses in the Nigerian states of Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Abia, Imo, and Akwa-Ibom
For young people, there is access to attractive, targeted, high quality, relevant programmes and opportunities to meet other young people with similar ambitions and challenges.