Laidlaw College provides access to a number of scholarships and funds for students and the presence of international students at Laidlaw College adds significantly to the richness and vibrancy of classrooms, scholarship and community life. Laidlaw College is committed to being an intercultural college and welcome participation in their programmes from students from abroad.
Amount: 25% – 40% of 1st-year tuition fees (excludes Student Services Fee)
Eligibility: Any undergraduate international student
To qualify for consideration of the award of a scholarship you should meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrate a commitment to what it means to being a Christian
- Be able to show evidence of a high level of academic achievement in your secondary schooling, or previous tertiary study history in completed qualifications, and a high level of community involvement.
- Be able to provide an academic reference as to your ability from a suitable academic leader.
- Have applied for and been accepted to a programme of study at Laidlaw College.
How to Apply at Laidlaw College International Undergraduate Scholarships
- Aspirants are recommended to take admission in the undergraduate degree programme at the college. After that, you can complete the award application form.
- Supporting Documents: A written reference in support of your application from a suitable academic leader.
- Applicants to this programme who have no secondary schooling or NCEA level 1 attainment or equivalent will require an entry assessment (including a literacy test) to establish eligibility.
- Applicants who have NCEA level 2 attainment (or above) or evidence of equivalent knowledge and skills have open entry to apply.
- Language Requirement: Applicants for whom English is not their first language:
- IELTS (academic): 5.5 or higher with a minimum of 5.0 in reading and writing.
- Pearson Test of English (academic): 42