Last updated on July 6, 2020 by The Counselor
Adamawa State University is one of the most popular universities in the north and for this reason, there is usually a stiff competition amongst northern students to gain admission into ADSU. On this post, I’ll share with you some details about ADSU screening.
There are two types of Adamawa State University screening;
- POST UTME Screening
- Matriculation Screening
Post UTME screening comes after a successful JAMB examination. That is, any student who choose Adamawa State university during JAMB and passed the cut off mark, is qualified for POST UTME examination. But before they can sit for the exam, they will go through POST UTME screening.
The purpose of Adamawa State University POST UTME screening is to ensure that incoming students have the necessary documents as well as the foundational knowledge. Any student with deficiency is usually advised to go for foundational or remedial programmes.
ADSU POST UTME SCREENING
While some universities have advanced to screening POST UTME online without travelling to the school, Adamawa State University demands your presence (in person) before your screening application can be processed. This is after you have opened an account on their website, make payment and submit the necessary information online through their website.
- You are required to present the originals of your relevant credentials (O’ level results, JAMB result/acknowledgement slip, A’ level results, diploma or IJMB – as applicable to you.).
- Photocopies of all results presented will be submitted at the centre.
- The photocopy of O’level certificate/statement of result(s) will be accompanied by an appropriate utility card (scratch card for accessing result) of the examination body.
- You are to submit a photocopy of indigene letter, certificate of birth/declaration of age and a copy of the printed post UTME application form.
- You will be contacted via SMS on your phone for the date, time and venue for your screening.
This usually takes place after a successful POST UTME exam and you have been offered admission. You can read more about Matriculation screening here.