Last updated on October 9th, 2018 at 01:34 am
Admission process may differ but it is geared towards making sure you’re eligible for the course of study. All tertiary institutions have this screening in place to ensure they are admitting the right student. Federal Government has approved Post UTME. The screening process will be very strict if you don’t adhere to the specific admission requirements of each school or read through special considerations. Below are the necessary documents required for a successful admission screening in UNILAG, DELSU, UNIBEN, LASU, FUTO, FUTA, IMSU, OOU, UI, OAU, UNIPORT and every other university in Nigeria
- SSCE O level Result.
Your WAEC, NECO or GCE is your O level (ordinary level) result which you must take along for admission process. If you don’t have the original, (for those who just wrote the exam) you will be screened with the computer print-out. You will be asked to provide original result during the second screening process (usually occurs before you get to 400 level). You can use one or two O level result depending on the University policy. You can use a combination of WAEC & GCE result, NECO & WAEC result, GCE & NECO, 2 WAEC result, 2 GCE result, 2 NECO result to gain admission.
- Correct Subject Combination – To gain admission, you must write the required secondary school subjects in your O level examination and also the required secondary school subjects in JAMB UTME. During your departmental screening exercise, this combinations will be checked thoroughly. Use the search box below to check your preferred course O level and JAMB subject combination
- A level Certificate.
A level (Advanced level) Certificate for those who want to pass through Direct Entry. IJMB, JUBEB, CAMBRIDGE, HND, NABTEB
- School Leaving Certificate (Testimonial)
You are expected to present your Testimonial during the screening process. If you’re using a WAEC or NECO result, the school name must tally with the name on your School Leaving Certificate. If you’re presenting a GCE result, no issue, but you must still present a Testimonial.
- Admission Letter:
You will also present your Admission Letter or original JAMB result during screening. You can get JAMB original result at a cyber cafe.
- Birth Certificate:
I don’t need to explain what a Birth Certificate is and every student should possess one.
If you don’t have a birth certificate, you should go and swear an Affidavit in a Magistrate Court and make sure your name corresponds with your O level / A level result.
- The Local Government of Origin Certificate:
This Certificate is very important especially in a State University because it gives you an identity and other benefits such as Scholarship. You can get the Certificate in your State Local Government
- Acceptance Fee Receipt:
Don’t even think of the screening till you pay up the acceptance fee. The receipt might be required before you’re issued the screening form.
On a Final Note:
- If the name on your Birth Certificate differs from your O level / A level result, you will be required to publish the correct name on a newspaper publication or through a means made available by the University.
- Your Date of Birth must tally with your O level / A level result
- You will also pass through a thorough medical checkup including blood and urine test.
- Admission process might take days to complete but if you have connections, please make use of it. I had spent almost a month on the screening process until I used my connection and within 20 minutes, I was through with the whole screening process.
- Don’t wait till you finish the screening before you start attending lectures. You may spend your first semester on this process. Be wise.
and if I miss some documents, please mention it using the comment.
… and I wish you luck