Firstly, let me clearly tell you that UNILORIN Remedial programme is another term for Predegree programme or Foundation Studies. The term of usage depends solely on the school but the meaning is still the same. DELSU call this programme Predegree while some other schools call it Remedial or Foundation Studies. For the sake of this post, I will stick to *Remedial*
So does UNILORIN do Predegree programme/Remedial? the answer is Yes!!!. Unilorin Remedial Programme serves as a platform to equip prospective students for university admission.
The Unilorin remedial is aimed at preparing students for admission into the courses of their choice. Admission into a chosen course of study at Unilorin through the remedial/Pre-degree is determined by the candidate’s good performance at the remedial program, the possession of an acceptable current JAMB score and possession of the required 5 O’ Level credits in subjects relevant to the chosen of course.
Admission to study fully in Unilorin also requires that the student have the required cut off mark in JAMB. You will be accepted into 100 level automatically in Unilorin after a successful remedial programme.
Unilorin Remedial Programme Duration
The programme normally runs for two (2) contact periods both within 6 or 9 calendar months. There is a three-week break between the first and second contact periods and one-two weeks of examination during each contact.
Unilorin Remedial Programme Eligibility:
The preliminary studies’ programme is primarily opened to applicants from the Catchment States of the University of Ilorin, (i.e. Benue,Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau, Sokoto and Zamfara States). However, applicants from other states of the Federation are also given considerable opportunities.
Unilorin Remedial Programme General Conditions:
- Without prejudice to the admission requirements stated above, the Board of the School, in its policy thrust of inclusiveness in university education, has approved that applicants who have credit pass in minimum of three (3) O’ Level subjects may apply for the programme; PROVIDED that they MUST have registered for and obtained credit pass in the deficient subjects before being considered for admission into degree programme.
- Candidates who want to study Engineering must obtain credit grades in Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics at O’level and sit for English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics at UTME.
- Candidates MUST write the 2022 UTME with relevant subjects’ combination to any programme of choice and MUST obtain the minimum UTME cutoff point approved by the University.
- Consideration for admission into programmes shall be based on performance and quota for each programme.
- Students who pass the school’s end of the programme examinations but could not obtain the minimum JAMB/UTME cutoff point approved by the university can BANK the Remedial result for use the following year only; PROVIDED that the minimum
- JAMB/UTME cutoff point approved for the following year is obtained.
- Applicants are to note that the programme is residential.
List of available courses in Unilorin Remedial
- Adult Education
- Agricultural and Biosystems
- Agricultural Science and Education
- Arabic Studies
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Business Education
- Chemical Engineering
- Christian Studies
- Civil Engineering
- Common & Islamic Law
- Common Law.
- Communication Science
- Comparative Religious Studies
- Computer Education
- Computer Science
- Counselor Education
- Education & Arabic
- Education & Christian Religious Studies
- Education & Economics
- Education & Islamic Studies
- Education & Mathematics
- Education & Physics
- Education & Yoruba
- Education and Biology
- Education and Chemistry
- Education and English Language
- Education and French
- Education and Geography
- Education and History
- Education and Social Studies
- Educational/ Introductory Technology
- Electrical /Electronics
- Engineering Information and
- English Language
- Food Science
- Forestry and Wildlife Management;
- Geography and Environmental Management
- Health Education
- History and International Studies
- Human Kinetics
- Igbo Islamic Studies
- Industrial Chemistry
- Library and Information Science
- Mass Communication
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medicine and Surgery
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Nursing/Nursing Science
- Performing Arts
- Plant Biology
- Political Science
- Primary Education Studies
- Quantity Surveying and Geoinformatics
- Social Studies
- Social Work
- Telecommunication Science
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Veterinary Medicine;
- Water Resources and Environmental
When is the break period of the remedial program, date to be precise.. and when is it coming to an end
Is jamb written before or during the remedial programme
during remedial… towards the end