Last Updated on
The incessant attacks of students living off-campus were becoming a frequent occurrence in recent times, causing the students to panic.
Students of the Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko, Ondo State have called on security agencies in the state and the management of the university to give them adequate protection following incessant robbery attacks on them, particularly those living outside the campus.
The President of the Students’ Union Government of the AAUA, Adesomoju Samuel, who had sent a letter to the Ondo State Police Command over the insecurity in Akungba township in the interest of the students living outside the campus, lamented that incessant attacks in the off-campus hostels of the students were giving the SUG a serious concern.
He said, “We call on security agents to guarantee the safety of our students or else we students will rise (protest).”
It was gathered that robbery attacks on students living in the town were becoming a frequent occurrence in recent times, causing the students to panic.
In a reaction, however, the Head of Media Unit of the AAUA, Mr Victor Akinpelumi, said the school’s management in conjunction with security operatives had been working round the clock to protect students residing outside the campus.
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- 108 IBB University students arrested for fraud and robbery
- Multiple Gunshots: Boko Haram did not attack UNIMAID
- Cultists shot and savagely butchered a CRUTECH student
- Snakes take over Auchi Poly Girl’s Hostel
- Students of Federal College of Education, Enugu State blocked the school gate.
- Flood swept away final year student in Adekunle Ajasin University
- UNILAG: Students speak on experience with Sex For Grades
- Student kidnab sister because he needed money to study
- Cultists murdered students of the Federal University, Otuoke
- Monday flood sweeps away polytechnic graduate in Asaba