Last Updated on
The Academic Staff Union of Universities ( ASUU) , Ibadan Zone on Sunday declared that if the federal government failed to remit salaries of members at the end of October, the union will not hesitate to declare total strike action to reinforce members rejection of the Integrated Payment Personnel Information System (IPPIS) being forced on them by the federal government.
Ibadan Zone of ASUU comprises of the University of Ibadan (UI), Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), University of Osun (UNISON), and Kwara State University ( KWASU).
ASUU insisted on no pay, no work while rejecting the proposed enrollment of its members on the controversial IPPIS platform.
The Zonal Coordinator, ASUU Ibadan Zone, Dr Ade Adejumo, while addressing a press conference at the University of Ibadan on Sunday described the IPPIS as a new and strange regime of finance about to be forced on public universities in Nigeria.
According to Dr Adejumo, the union and the government used to be on the same page in respect of ” the infallible reasons that our union painstakingly explained to government representatives during our interactions, these , unfortunately appears to have fallen on deaf ears as government has not only rolled out its propaganda machines against our union but also planning to ambush the union and force our members into this ill inform platform.”
ASUU, therefore, declared that the current anti-corruption fight on which the government hinged the IPPIS platform, is nothing, but to suppress the masses, and force the people to keep silence in the face of wholesale corruption in the government.
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- Multiple Gunshots: Boko Haram did not attack UNIMAID
- Students of Federal College of Education, Enugu State blocked the school gate.
- 226 Yobe students get foreign scholarship
- Cultists murdered students of the Federal University, Otuoke
- NYSC reward corper for returning android phone worth 500k
- Flood swept away final year student in Adekunle Ajasin University
- Cultists shot and savagely butchered a CRUTECH student
- AAUA Students Panic: We are no longer safe from robbery
- Depression: UNN Microbiology student attempts suicide.
- Rumble in FUOYE: Two student feared dead during protest.