Last Updated on
The Senator representing Ogun West District, Chief Tolu Odebiyi, has given scholarships to 54 tertiary institution students from the district.
Speaking during the 3rd TOD undergraduates scholarship award ceremony and the launch of the Tolu Odebiyi Foundation in Ilaro, over the weekend, the lawmaker explained that he decided to offer the award to ensure that brilliant students from his district are recognised and assisted to excel.
He said: “No student should be allowed to drop out of school on the account of the inability of his parents to fund his or her education.”
Odebiyi also announced that he had secured the nod of the Federal Government to sponsor the Masters and Doctorate degree programs of students from the district, adding that two students would be sponsored to pursue each of their programs overseas for the next four years.
The senator expressed displeasure over the activities of some men of the Nigeria Customs Service in the border area of Ogun West.
He urged the Federal Government to explore the possibility of engaging youths in border areas in the country, as a way of curbing smuggling.
Get latest student gist when you like us on Facebook
- 12 graduates receive N216 million to pursue Master’s degree
- 226 Yobe students get foreign scholarship
- FUNAAB Students Attacked By Armed Robbers
- Embassy: Over 13,000 Nigerians studying in the US every year
- Students of Federal College of Education, Enugu State blocked the school gate.
- ASUU to beats the drum of an indefinite strike by the end of October
- Monday flood sweeps away polytechnic graduate in Asaba
- LASU Invites Candidates to Apply for Afro-Brazilian Studies
- Snakes take over Auchi Poly Girl’s Hostel
- UNILAG: Students speak on experience with Sex For Grades