Pursue your studies in the USA. Good news! Horatio Alger Scholarship is currently open. Horatio Alger Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully funded undergraduate scholarship for American students. This scholarship provides $25,000. It is awarded to 106 candidates willing to enter a college in the United States.
As one of the nation’s largest college financial aid programs in the country, the Horatio Alger National Scholarship Program is one of the major scholarship programs nationally that specifically assists high school students who have faced and overcome great obstacles in their young lives. The scholarships are funded by Horatio Alger Members who, like the Scholars, have experienced challenges but ultimately overcame them to become successful business and civic leaders.
The National Scholarship is awarded to eligible students in all fifty states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. National Scholars receive an all-expenses paid trip to Washington, D.C., during the spring of their senior year to participate in the National Scholars Conference. Recipients must attend the National Scholars Conference to receive the award.
The Horatio Alger Scholarship application will open on August 1 and close on October 25. The Horatio Alger Scholarship application is a common application meaning that you apply once and you will be considered for the range of scholarship programs offered by the Association. In order to be considered, your application and all required materials must be uploaded to your online application by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on October 25.
Horatio Alger Scholarship provides the recipient with:
- Grant $25,000 to 106 students for four years of undergraduate studies at any college of the USA.
Eligibility Criteria for Horatio Alger Scholarship
To qualify for Horatio Alger Scholarship, the candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: USA
- Be enrolled full-time as a high school senior in the United States; be progressing normally toward graduation in the spring/summer of 2020 with plans to enter a college in the United States no later than the fall following graduation.
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution).
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required).
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities.
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0.
- Be a United States citizen
How to Apply for Horatio Alger Scholarship?
Please follow the following instructions to apply for Horatio Alger Scholarship:
- Apply online on the official website.