Choosing a scholarship is a responsible undertaking that can determine your career in the future. The scholarship will help low-income students pay for tuition, as well as receive additional funds for pocket expenses. In many areas, getting a scholarship is the best way to attract the attention of potential employers.
If you have an excellent academic record, the best choice would be to try to get a scholarship. This process comes with a lot of stress, as there is usually severe competition for any scholarship. You will have to start preparing early. It does not hurt to study on your own or hire one or more tutors in problematic subjects.
An essential step in obtaining a scholarship is an admission essay. To increase your chances of getting a quality essay, you can seek help from paper writers for hire at EssayShark.com. Specialists are guaranteed to provide a high-quality article, which will significantly increase your chances of admission.
The first step towards a successful career is choosing a scholarship. We have prepared a short guide on selecting the exemplary scholarship and a list of the best scholarships in 2023.
How to Choose a Scholarship Program
When trying to identify the most beneficial scholarship program, you should consider the following:
- The sponsor’s reputation: The sponsor should be credible and have an excellent reputation to avoid scams.
- The program’s benefits: The program should offer more than just monetary assistance. It should also provide networking opportunities, mentorship, and other benefits to help your future career.
- The requirements of the program: Make sure you are eligible for the program and that you can meet all the needs, such as having a certain GPA or being a resident of a particular state.
- The duration of the program: Choose a program that will provide you with long-term support, such as four years of funding instead of just one.
How to Prepare for Getting a Scholarship
If you want to increase your chances of getting a scholarship, prepare long before the applications open.
Here are some things you can do to make sure you are ready:
- Get good grades: Most scholarship programs have GPA requirements, so aim for a high GPA.
- Participate in extracurricular activities: Many scholarship programs also consider your involvement in extracurricular activities when making their decision.
- Start saving up: Even if you get a full scholarship, you will still need some money for living expenses. Start setting some money aside early on.
- Make a list of potential scholarships: There are many different types of scholarships, so make a list of the ones you might be eligible for. This way, you can start looking into the requirements and deadlines for each one.
- Create a list of qualifications: Include your GPA, test scores, awards, and extracurricular activities.
- Get recommendation letters: Ask your teachers, coaches, or employers to write letters of recommendation.
- Write a personal statement: This is your chance to sell yourself to the committee and convince them that you deserve the scholarship.
Best Scholarship Programs in 2023
Yale University Scholarships USA
One of the best scholarships for international students offers the opportunity to study at one of the most prestigious universities in the world. The program provides various scholarship options, depending on your needs and abilities.
IsDB Scholarship 2023
The Islamic Development Bank Scholarships are now open to international students from IDB member countries to study Masters & Ph.D. programs for the 2023 academic session.
The Islamic Development Bank Group offers around 600 scholarships each year for studies at the IsDB Partner Universities and the IsDB- Turkiye Joint Scholarship Programme for Ph.D. students enrolled in Turkish Universities.
DAAD Scholarship Germany
DAAD Scholarships in Germany – The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD Scholarships is now open for International Students from Developing Countries. Scholarships in Germany are Fully Funded Scholarships that will cover all the expenses.
The Government of Germany is providing these Scholarships for International students to get a Master’s or Ph.D. degree from the best German Universities without Having to pay any tuition fees.
Rhodes Scholarship 2023 | University of Oxford
The Rhodes Scholarship is the oldest international scholarship program and perhaps the most prestigious. The scholarship covers all expenses for two years of study at the University of Oxford in England, including tuition, room and board, travel, and a stipend for living expenses.
Fulbright Scholarships USA
The Fulbright Scholarship Program is a full scholarship for international students who want to pursue a Master’s or Ph.D. degree at a US university. The scholarships are funded by the US government and are awarded competitively. The Fulbright Scholarship program is one of the most prestigious scholarship programs in the world.
ETH Zurich Excellence Masters Scholarships Switzerland
You can apply for the Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme (ESOP) via eApply if you’re interested in receiving a scholarship that covers complete study and living costs during your Master’s degree. The selection process may include a phone/VC interview, so have your contact information in your CV.
You must also be in the top 10% of your Bachelor’s degree program to be eligible (equivalent to grade A). If you are already enrolled in a Master’s degree program at ETH Zurich or hold a Master’s degree, you are not eligible for ESOP.
Ton Duc Thang University Graduate Scholarship
The Ton Duc Thang University Graduate Scholarship is a fully-funded program that covers tuition and living expenses for one academic year. The scholarship is available to international students enrolled in a full-time graduate program at the university.
The scholarship program is designed to promote internationalization and attract top students from around the world to study at the university.
Monash University Scholarship
Monash University offers a range of scholarships for international students, including scholarships for academic excellence, need-based scholarships, and specific courses and disciplines. The scholarships are available for both undergraduate and postgraduate study, covering tuition, airfare, and living expenses.
Netherlands Government Scholarship
What could be better than studying in the Netherlands? Especially if you can get a Netherland Government Scholarship, which will not only cover all your needs for life and tuition fees but also guarantee the chances for a successful career.
You are eligible for this scholarship if you:
- are motivated;
- live and work in an OKP country
- are proficient in English or French
- work in one of the priority areas of their country
- can encourage using and transferring knowledge and experience in their employment organization after their studies
- agree to the conditions and fulfill the obligations
Gates Cambridge Scholarship
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship is a full scholarship for international students to study at the University of Cambridge in England. The scholarships are awarded based on academic merit and leadership potential.